AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code

thought you AKnutfucks would like this one

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
It appears the time I have been dreading has arrived. Duke stopped eating 2 days ago (won't even eat treats, cheese, anything) & today in moving around it is obvious his left hip is not working very well at all. Though hip dysplasia is common in large dogs like GSDs, he's never shown signs of it. He still follows me from room to room but struggles mightily to get up off the floor for the first time in his life. At almost 14 years old, he has far outlived every other pup from his litter & most German Shepherds in general. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, thank goodness, but has no interest in much of anything. I don't want him to suffer. I'll see if there is any improvement tonight & if he shows any appetite in the morning, but I fear it is time to make the tough call.

I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but Duke is definitely the greatest. Loving. friendly, loyal, great with kids, etc. Some of you have met him & know how cool he is. I was managing the kennel & in the room when he was born. He picked me, not the other way around. Whenever I would let him & his litter mates out to play at the kennel, he followed me around as I was working rather than playing with other puppies. The only one who has spent more time in my truck than his is me. Please pour one out for Duke this evening.
View attachment 147315
View attachment 147316

I've had the pleasure of meeting this cool dog.

@Grunk - hate it for you.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It appears the time I have been dreading has arrived. Duke stopped eating 2 days ago (won't even eat treats, cheese, anything) & today in moving around it is obvious his left hip is not working very well at all. Though hip dysplasia is common in large dogs like GSDs, he's never shown signs of it. He still follows me from room to room but struggles mightily to get up off the floor for the first time in his life. At almost 14 years old, he has far outlived every other pup from his litter & most German Shepherds in general. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, thank goodness, but has no interest in much of anything. I don't want him to suffer. I'll see if there is any improvement tonight & if he shows any appetite in the morning, but I fear it is time to make the tough call.

I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but Duke is definitely the greatest. Loving. friendly, loyal, great with kids, etc. Some of you have met him & know how cool he is. I was managing the kennel & in the room when he was born. He picked me, not the other way around. Whenever I would let him & his litter mates out to play at the kennel, he followed me around as I was working rather than playing with other puppies. The only one who has spent more time in my truck than his is me. Please pour one out for Duke this evening.
View attachment 147315
View attachment 147316

I'm so sorry to read this. I'm sure you'll do what's right for him.