Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Howard Law

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Wife and I were just talking about those last weekend.

I remember when they went to Styrofoam burger boxes, then back again.

I can still recite the ingredients of a Big Mac, thanks to watching that commercial a gazillion times as a kid.

They still suck, but those pies were legit!

Ever since I found out Popeye's has fried apple pies that are almost just like MCD used to have, I've been jonesing for them like every day. I finally drove way out of my way to get some lol

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I've never shot a bullpup. As I understand it, the biggest pro is a full-length barrel in an overall shorter package. What are the negatives?

The chamber is right by your ear.

Generally speaking, the triggers are bad because of the linkages required to operate the fire control located several inches to a foot behind the actual trigger location.

And as Miles said, changing the magazine takes some big movements.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I've never shot a bullpup. As I understand it, the biggest pro is a full-length barrel in an overall shorter package. What are the negatives?
Manual of arms. But once you get used to it, it's not really a negative. I sold my AUG because I had a few ARs. In retrospect, I should have sold the ARs and kept the AUG.

Running a suppressor on an AUG used to be a little more involved than an AR. But I think that's been somewhat rectified last time I checked.

Some people may see the proprietary mags as a negative, but I don't see it that way. They're incredible mags.

I suppose if you ever suffered a parts breakage, it's not like you can just order an LPK and get what you need. But I can't really ever see suffering a failure from a broken part.

I think I remember the cheekweld being a little tall when running an optic.

If I can get into another AUG, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I've got other irons in the fire ATM so it will have to wait.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
The chamber is right by your ear.

Generally speaking, the triggers are bad because of the linkages required to operate the fire control located several inches to a foot behind the actual trigger location.

And as Miles said, changing the magazine takes some big movements.
I never noticed the chamber location being a problem, but I was also wearing earpro at the range. Goodbar shot it also...maybe he'll chime in with some thoughts.

The trigger never bothered me, but yeah, it's nothing like a 2 stage in an AR. I can see where some ppl may not care for it.

As far as mag changes go, watch some youtube videos on CQB and mag changes. It's all just learning the manual of arms. Also, I believe some of the videos I was watching, the Dekalb PD was using AUGS...I'll have to try and find the video when I get home...

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Ever since I found out Popeye's has fried apple pies that are almost just like MCD used to have, I've been jonesing for them like every day. I finally drove way out of my way to get some lol

We went to Palo Duro canyon on our Utah trip the first week of March. I brought my Firebox stove and cooked ribeyes, I wanted to surprise the wife, so I had brought some flour mix in a ziplock and some frozen blueberries. I cook all sorts of meat, but I'm no baker or dessert guy.

I added a little milk to that flour mixture, and rolled out some dough. Cooked down those blueberries with a little sugar. Heated oil in the cast iron skillet and sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar on the outside after frying.

We had camped in the van all week, cooked some good meals, ate at some decent restaurants - but those steaks and veggies followed by a fried blueberry pie was the best meal by far.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
We went to Palo Duro canyon on our Utah trip the first week of March. I brought my Firebox stove and cooked ribeyes, I wanted to surprise the wife, so I had brought some flour mix in a ziplock and some frozen blueberries. I cook all sorts of meat, but I'm no baker or dessert guy.

I added a little milk to that flour mixture, and rolled out some dough. Cooked down those blueberries with a little sugar. Heated oil in the cast iron skillet and sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar on the outside after frying.

We had camped in the van all week, cooked some good meals, ate at some decent restaurants - but those steaks and veggies followed by a fried blueberry pie was the best meal by far.
It sure sounds good!!!

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Decent looking 442