Howard Law

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
Come to think of it, replacing the thermostat has fixed more a/c issues than anything else at mom's house.

I don't think i replaced it last year. Means I'm due to do it soon.
It's good to keep a spare.

Thermostat wiring to inside and outside units is always a possibility too.
Rats and weed wackers.

Sometimes it's the control board or as simple as a reset button on a fan or pressure switch.
It's all fairly simple
I learnded by watchin and doin

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
Does your unit have a filter in the air handler? Sometimes there's a second filter right in front of the A coil.

I had a renter that refused to keep an air filter in the hallway return. Asshole. They had pets and the coil looked like a sweater. I wish that unit had a second filter

I think it may be a thermostat issue
Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
This sounds right.

I remember Chuck saying that they ordered the jamon iberico. It was 4 slices about 2"x6" thin enough to nearly see through. $20 for that plate.

It was good enough that they ordered a second one. I get it, but that's just the appetizer.
It's one of my favorite Atlanta restaurants. My dad, a good ol west virginia country gent, still claims the best meal he's ever eaten was when I took him there. The entrees are always good, but we go for the tapas. Generally end up ordering 8-10 small plates to try all kinds of things. If you go, and they have the bacon wrapped dates, get them.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I think it may be a thermostat issue
Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm no certed hvac guy, but I've dealt with similar issues and I love troubleshooting. Double check the attic unit "running." If there is no airflow in the vents the blower is not operating. This could be bad motor or bad control board, I've had to replace both. Pull the furnace cover off and crank the air low. You should be able to tell quickly if the blower is operating...my guess is no. If it was you'd feel some air movement at the vents.
First time I pulled the board and found someone let the blue smoke out of a section...that was $600
Second, Motor on blower had a bearing fail about 4 months after I replaced the board... $400
Third, motor mount snapped off causing the cage to collide with the handler wall on my secondary unit stalling the motor ...this had a weird effect of "partially" tripping the breaker. In the end, new motor....$400

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
Pretty good deals on some nice mouse guns

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm no certed hvac guy, but I've dealt with similar issues and I love troubleshooting. Double check the attic unit "running." If there is no airflow in the vents the blower is not operating. This could be bad motor or bad control board, I've had to replace both. Pull the furnace cover off and crank the air low. You should be able to tell quickly if the blower is operating...my guess is no. If it was you'd feel some air movement at the vents.
First time I pulled the board and found someone let the blue smoke out of a section...that was $600
Second, Motor on blower had a bearing fail about 4 months after I replaced the board... $400
Third, motor mount snapped off causing the cage to collide with the handler wall on my secondary unit stalling the motor ...this had a weird effect of "partially" tripping the breaker. In the end, new motor....$400
I second this, I had a similar issue last year - I had no air from the vents with the outside condenser / fan running, attic unit getting power & thermostat working, just no no air moving through the vents. Ended up being a blown capacitor on the attic blower motor - my local HVAC guy had one in his truck, charged me $20 for the capacitor & $100 for labor (also after doing some other preventative mx checks for me). He also said that I was lucky it was just the capacitor, as a new blower motor unit is (as @Huddy mentioned above), between $500-750 ... hopefully yours is the latter.

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
300 bucks for a Remington 1100

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas