American Revival Apparel Company

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I think that it was a fair review, and let me explain why...
1st point, he fired all of the different ammo that he had available to him, maybe if he had found a box of Norinco 7.62x39 ammo, and Golden Tiger, he might have a tighter shot group. But he simply didn't have that available to him.

2nd open sights, the AK weapon systems have terrible sights, no other way around that. I think it was a fair estimation of what kind of shot groups you should expect at 100 yards, with open sights.

3rd point, the WASR AK47. That was the rifle he had, so that's what he used. I had a Norinco MAK 90 that would shoot rings around his rifle. But that's been banned from import for over 25 years, most people who have them now are hesitant selling them on the secondary market, knowing that they might be difficult to replace.

A few other thoughts and considerations...

If someone was to shoot a PSA M4 type rifle, in a comparison test, I was to say, wait a minute, if he used Army Marksmanship Unit 69 grain HPBT ammunition, or M855A1 ammo he would have way better results... the simple fact is most people cannot get this ammo.

And the biggest point might be that if he had a 4 power optic, then he might have certainly held some tighter shot groups... But a 4x optic at 25 meters can be a disadvantage because of the magnification at such a short distance, every movement, every breath is magnified, and makes most shooters forget the fundamentals of marksmanship and fixate on their crosshairs moving all over the target.

There is a lot more to this, but just a few casual observations from the video, and my takeaways from teaching marksmanship.
It might be a little bit, but I'll take my WASR to the CMP next time I go and see if I can do any better. It's pretty easy with the RPK but it's not apples to apples.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Happy birthday... did you file your taxes?

Love the IRS.
I filed a couple months ago, my CPA said we owed in both state and federal. Then I got a check from the state and he told me we qualified for something or other and we should get a refund from federal as well. Still waiting for that one to come in
I'm just tired of the gov messing with my checks and crap. Advanced child care credit, no OASDI for 6 months and then pay it back for 12 months, etc...leave my check alone and I'm capable of budgeting my taxes by myself tyvm.

And thanks for the birthday wishes!