Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

American Revival Apparel Company

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
The two Hi Power mags that do not fit good, 13 and 20 round, are like these. They have a white plastic follower.

Yeah, those are trash.
Possibly USA mag or Triple K garbage.

I pretty much ignore anything that isn’t either a factory mag, or made by Mec-Gar. And mec-gar makes a lot of factory mags.
Of course, this doesn’t apply to 1911 mags, and now Beretta92 mags. Also the pmags for Glock seem ok, but the Amend2 mags are worthless.

I may know almost nothing about AK mags, but pistol mags were my thing for a long while.

Oh - almost forgot - there were some 17rnd South African BHP mags floating around for a while, they have a thick plastic floor plate and 3 letters I can’t recall right now on the Middle of the bottom of the floorplate. They’re GTG

Last edited:

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Yeah, those are trash.

I pretty much ignore anything that isn’t either a factory mag, or made by Mec-Gar. And mec-gar makes a lot of factory mags.
Of course, this doesn’t apply to 1911 mags, and now Beretta92 mags. Also the pmags for Glock seem ok, but the Amend2 mags are worthless.

I may know almost nothing about AK mags, but pistol mags were my thing for a long while.

Oh - almost forgot - there were some 17rnd South African BHP mags floating around for a while, they have a thick plastic floor plate and 3 letters I can’t recall right now on the Middle of the bottom of the floorplate. They’re GTG
The only mags I can really ever remember being completely worthless were an AK ProMag and an AR-10 ProMag. I had a CZ75 30 round ProMag that left something to be desired. I think the common theme here is that ProMags are hot trash.

It's pretty much factory or bust for pistol mags, I agree. Mecgars are worth it since they're basically the same thing as factory.

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
Yeah, those are trash.

Right, I got a KRD large letter thick plastic floor plate, which is pretty much non removable. It is supposed to be Argentinian. It works OK. Looking for some Mec Gars or milsurps now, but no longer excited about looking as I have pretty much exhausted everywhere.

1646663198324.png

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Lots of xeroxing prints to stretch and fit the drawing, it's gonna be flipping huge. So stoked, it looks awesome! Probably as far as ink goes today he said it will mostly be outlining everything and then the next 2 sessions will be getting all the details and colors

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
The only mags I can really ever remember being completely worthless were an AK ProMag and an AR-10 ProMag. I had a CZ75 30 round ProMag that left something to be desired. I think the common theme here is that ProMags are hot trash.

It's pretty much factory or bust for pistol mags, I agree. Mecgars are worth it since they're basically the same thing as factory.
I still contend ProMag has a corporate policy to produce a nonfunctional mag for every firearm platform in the world.

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
I still contend ProMag has a corporate policy to produce a nonfunctional mag for every firearm platform in the world.
Well, then they still have some progress to make.
For a while, all I could find were Promag M1a mags. I have 4, bought at different times.
Haven't had any problems with them. And I can't tell any differece between those and the Checkmate mags I bought more recently.

Now the Thermold mags I got with the gun are a different story. One had a cracked lip, and none can reliably hold more than 15 rounds without spitting some out if you look at it wrong.