Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Ok, so the real answer is that it grouped nicely, and ran consistently.
Not sure if I want to keep it, though. It’s heavy like an AK, and I bought it thinking it might replace an AR, but since I often swap uppers on ARs depending on the situation, it’s not going to do that role.
But it is solid. And accurate.
Lemme know if you decide to sail. Might be interesante.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Recoil was pretty soft, I was able to maintain a sight picture through recoil and (if the RSOs weren’t so fucking rigid) could have done accurate rapid fire at 100 yards.

Speaking of RSOs, I was trying out several different uppers I’ve built over the past few months - a 16”, 14.5” and 10.5”, and was on the 100yd range (hadn’t gotten my stupid range card punched even though I’ve been there several times, so I had to go there before they’d let us go to the longer distance areas). So of course I’m using a pistol lower. I asked one of the RSOs if it was ok, because there was a sign about not using pistols on the rifle range. He was cool.
Then the head dude for the area wanders over, notices the brace, and starts acting like I’m a child, asking stupid questions.
But basically I had to remove the pistol lower from that range, and any pistol-length uppers unless I had SBRs. Which I don’t.
I wasn’t confrontational about it, but I gotta wonder why it matters to these people to enforce what are clearly stupid rules made by a draconian government to make trouble for people like us, as well as the range guys. Don’t they see they’re helping the regime??
And if you had a 16"+ upper on the pistol lower on the pistol range, would they make you move to the rifle range?

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
@Axeman last time I was at the CMP I was told "that's not a real .30 cal, that's commie trash" and then less than 5 min later "yeah the AK-47 is so reliable you can run it over with a tank and it'll keep running."

I could have done without all the commentary, but had a decent time.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@Axeman last time I was at the CMP I was told "that's not a real .30 cal, that's commie trash" and then less than 5 min later "yeah the AK-47 is so reliable you can run it over with a tank and it'll keep running."

I could have done without all the commentary, but had a decent time.
Should’ve made a comment about how you know the AK could never live up to a real American .30 cal like the M1c. We all know what a power house it is..... :rolleyes:

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Good morning boys. Here is to a good day to the last one for 2021. Hoping everyone is ready for twenty twenty too (2022).

Wife has been sick for a couple of days now. Showing the signs for the flu, covid and common cold. Because you never know what they are telling you it will be. Went to the doctor in a box yesterday evening and was told they where closing early because they had seen to many people for the day. Called the second and was told the same thing. I have never heard of such a thing.

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
Good morning boys. Here is to a good day to the last one for 2021. Hoping everyone is ready for twenty twenty too (2022).

Wife has been sick for a couple of days now. Showing the signs for the flu, covid and common cold. Because you never know what they are telling you it will be. Went to the doctor in a box yesterday evening and was told they where closing early because they had seen to many people for the day. Called the second and was told the same thing. I have never heard of such a thing.
Errbody sikk

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code

endnear.jpg

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Foothills_edc

Give me sugar water
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 29, 2020
Georgia

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Any @Kalash Klub have a detent pin and springi thingi laying around?

Best place to order small parts that don't kill the deal on shipping if not?

View attachment 141551
I might have ordered from AK Builder last time I needed a detent and spring, but can't really remember. I think I added a few small items to the order since I was paying for shipping anyways.

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code

I actually have a small parts list made up on their site and didn't order due to the stupid shipping cost.
Maybe adding a few more parts plus the 10% discount will make it worth it.
I'll check them out too

I've ordered from them before and their shipping don't kill a small order deal

Thanks KK