Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
And you can only buy beer at the distributor. Which is like going into a rundown refrigerated warehouse that's full of beer but it's completely unorganized and half the cases aren't even open yet. If you drink Bud Light or something, that's easy to find. Anything else, Good Luck

Last edited:

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Wife has family in Sinking Spring which is an hourish east of Reading iirc

I remember seeing all the road signs saying they were about to be oiled and chipped I think was the terms? I was like wth does that mean?

And the 6' flags by all the fire hydrants so they can find them when it snows
Tar & chip, or chipseal .... always hated the first couple of weeks when they redid our road back home, that shit gets all over your wheels and fenders & is a PITA to get off

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Tar & chip, or chipseal .... always hated the first couple of weeks when they redid our road back home, that shit gets all over your wheels and fenders & is a PITA to get off
They were telling me either before or after they'll get a lot of cracked windshields because of all the loose rocks

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code

I remember seeing all the road signs saying they were about to be oiled and chipped I think was the terms? I was like wth does that mean?

PA has the worst roads in the country. Between the salting, frost heave, tar, and heavy traffic, it's a mess.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Wife's new book dropped today!
@Kalash Klub
If you order one, please leave a review!

Otter's Coat: The Real Reason Turtle Raced Rabbit: A Cherolachian Tortoise and Hare https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MYXSRV4
If you have kids, this book has 20 (I think) full spread 2 page color illistrations (we paid extra for that). They will love it!
Yes, I am pushing it. :)

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code

Mainly, so the snow plows do not run them over. (That would be messy!)
My father had flags along his driveway so he, or whoever he hired, could find it.
And you can only buy beer at the distributor. Which is like going into a rundown refrigerated warehouse that's full of beer but it's completely unorganized and half the cases aren't even open yet. If you drink Bud Light or something, that's easy to find. Anything else, Good Luck
If you're talking PA,they used to be called State Stores (a lot of people still call them that). The State was the only one allowed to sell alcohol. Changed somewhere in the 90s, I believe.
I went once with my father to one of those distributors. It was a warehouse with 2 roll-up doors opposite each other. A literal drive-thru liquor store. You'd drive into the middle of the warehouse, load up, and drive out.
Even worse, it would get all gunked up into the undercarriage of the car. Assuming you ever cleaned that. Combined with salt, not real good.
PA has the worst roads in the country. Between the salting, frost heave, tar, and heavy traffic, it's a mess.
I always loved driving up I-81. As you enter PA from far-western MD, you go under a bridge (Mason-Dixon Highway or some such). Road before the bridge is in perfect shape. Road starting at the bridge is one big mass of patched potholes and cracks. Not especially rough, but the perfect introduction to P.A.
The exit from the Turnpike nearest my parents has a permanent "End Turnpike Maintenance" sign.
(It's not just the weather and traffic - it's the State.)

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Yep. They do that with their driveway also.

20180524_145406.jpg

It's also the only place I've seen contour farming, where they plant everything in curves to go around a hill or however the land is laid out.

And horses hitched to light posts at the hardware store...

Screenshot_20211211-105025_Gallery.jpg

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
Yep. They do that with their driveway also.

View attachment 140367

It's also the only place I've seen contour farming, where they plant everything in curves to go around a hill or however the land is laid out.

And horses hitched to light posts at the hardware store...

View attachment 140368
My parents' driveway wasn't long, but it was tall.
When we moved in (in my 14th birthday, it was my birthday present), we had a full-sized tractor-trailer from the moving company. It was on the street, I was standing on the flat top of the driveway, my feet were about on the level of the top of the trailer. They backed it up the driveway (how, I have no idea), when the back of the trailer reached the top of the slope, the front of the truck was at the curb. When they got it as far as they could, the trailer was probably at a 20-30 degree angle. I'm sure that was fun to unload.
When we moved in, the subdivision was surrounded by corn fields, until it got to the hill where we were located. It was a mile walk to the subdivision entrance where we got on the school bus. Real fun in winter with a strong wind blowing. (And, yes, I had to walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways - since I had to go up the hill before going down it, steep each way.)
The house across the street was a far below the road as we were above it.