Faktory 47

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@Miles I may be late to the party, but that 1915 winchester is probably worth $1200 to $1500 depending on condition. @Knight is correct. 30 WCF (winchester centerfire) is the original designation for 30-30. He's also correct about the quirks of top eject lever actions.

As far as trading the PTR for it, I think it comes down to if you want a lever gun or not. If it is in good condition & you put it away, it would probably be a good investment (maybe for your kids) but I don't know if that's what you want to do with your guns.

Even though some like to talk about lever guns being less likely to be banned, just remember that New Zealand banned & demanded people turn in all guns holding more than 4 rounds, including lever actions after the mosque massacre there.

Sorry for the long post & remember, this advice is worth even less than you paid for it.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
@Hayata @Miles @T_Max & anyone I missed, thanks for the kind words. These fronts causing wide weather swings from the 30s last night to 70 today kick off really bad flares for Suz's pain. Makes me want to take a baseball bat to a weatherman.
Brother i wish i could help , i hate to hear she is in pain

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@Miles I may be late to the party, but that 1915 winchester is probably worth $1200 to $1500 depending on condition. @Knight is correct. 30 WCF (winchester centerfire) is the original designation for 30-30. He's also correct about the quirks of top eject lever actions.

As far as trading the PTR for it, I think it comes down to if you want a lever gun or not. If it is in good condition & you put it away, it would probably be a good investment (maybe for your kids) but I don't know if that's what you want to do with your guns.

Even though some like to talk about lever guns being less likely to be banned, just remember that New Zealand banned & demanded people turn in all guns holding more than 4 rounds, including lever actions after the mosque massacre there.

Sorry for the long post & remember, this advice is worth even less than you paid for it.
Excellent. What I was looking for. I think I will pass. I do not have any ammo for it, and could really use cash for the bills.

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
All AKM and AK74/AK100 bayos fit all AKM/AK/74/AK100 with either front or rear bayo lugs. OG AK bayo is the only exception to it.
Oldest to newest, right to left.

View attachment 138944 View attachment 138945
Good Intel
Do I need to measure the OD of the end of my zig zags and half moons to make sure they slip over them or is the slant the same OD?

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Everything tastes hot or weird since I ate 1/3 of that Carolina Reaper 3 hours ago and melted my face off. And I blew my nose earlier so the inside of my nostrils are on fire too. I have no idea how I'm gonna get my contacts out tonight, hopefully I remember!

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Good Intel
Do I need to measure the OD of the end of my zig zags and half moons to make sure they slip over them or is the slant the same OD?
I have experience with AK74 and AK47 brakes and bayos. I would measure.

PS that's why Tantal's FSB is closer to the gas block. Tantal has a shorter muzzle brake than AK74. Poles kept AK bayonets with the new rifles.