Faktory 47

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Mom is a retired DFCS person. Let me see if she has any advice tomorrow. She's been out a long time, so I'm not sure she can help.
That's great. The DFCS is a division of Dept. of Human Services I mentioned above. She may have some local contacts that could speed the process.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I would start with contacting the Georgia Department of Human Services 1 800-436-7442

"To promote stronger families, the Georgia Department of Human Services investigates child and elderly abuse, facilitates adoption and foster parenting, accepts applications for Medicaid, assists single parents in collecting child support, helps senior citizens remain self-sufficient, and runs the Food Stamp and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) programs."
This is good info. Do I need to make sure she has visible marks when I call? That's something else, since I never go to their house or call, I am usually alerted to any abuse when my brother or his wife find out and call me. My brother has a relationship with our dad, I basically do not. So a lot of times I find out stuff a week or longer after the fact

Shortcut

Tracker
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
I'll have to find a way to talk to her and see if I can convince her to tell a DR about everything that's happening. I have my doubts she'll say anything but I had forgot they have an oath to report it.
Even if your dad takes her, if she can somehow tell a nurse or dr that she is not comfortable with him or needs to talk alone, they will make it happen for her. IF they are a decent dr

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
This is good info. Do I need to make sure she has visible marks when I call? That's something else, since I never go to their house or call, I am usually alerted to any abuse when my brother or his wife find out and call me. My brother has a relationship with our dad, I basically do not. So a lot of times I find out stuff a week or longer after the fact
For the initial call, i doubt any visible marks are necessary. That number is the main state office. They should be able to connect you with the local county folks who deal with these issues, We've had to deal with the Walton County folks for medical & nutritional assistance for Suz's conditions & they've been great about listening to the whole long story & then laying out options. The best outcome would be if you could find someone who'd listen to the whole situation & help you craft a plan.

It can take a lot of time, but the payoff can be worth it. We discovered Suz qualified for a couple of afternoons of help who can do light housekeeping & meal prep. The biggest benefit is it lets me nap a couple of hours twice a week so I'm not so exhausted trying to take care of her night & day. But it was like a 2 1/2 month process of interviews to get to what we needed.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
@Fast306stang If you do go the dr route yes they took an oath to protect the best interest of the patient .. however we are in a different day and time with COVID and many nurses and Drs are in a different place. So follow up with them to ensure yes they are aware of the situation and will be investigating it. Sadly they say and not follow up so it gets lost in translation or lack of communication per say. Nurses are some of the most generous giving people I’ve met but with mandates they are under the gun from hospitals and insurances and fear for their jobs as well. Just food for thought.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Underfolder ak pistol

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Well, if anybody wants some deer meat and doesn't wanna go hunting let me know. I know where a fresh one is. My daughter just killed one with her car.

Dayum hope she’s all ok and yeah get it processed mmm tasty deeritos (deer meat burritos) are delish. Ground with taco seasoning slap some fresh chopped veggies cheese and salsa mm mm good

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code

All about the look .. pretty slick needs a Dead Air Wolverine for the win.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Hope she's okay!

She's fine. She clipped it with the front passenger side. It cracked the headlight and dented the fender. Scared her more than anything.

Dis, but also...sorry about your insurance rates bruh

I ain't filing shit with insurance. The car is a POS anyways. People who buy 16YO's nice cars are stupid. They're just gonna crash them within the first 6 months(in this case, 3 months).