Faktory 47

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Hey, how's that .350 legend build going?

I’m glad you asked.

Based on the info provided by @Red Dawn (I think) it was severely over gassed. Using the guidance from Springco, I put in an H buffer which moved the ejaculation from 2 to 3 o’clock. I then put in the Springco Orange extra power 308 spring which moved the ejaculation to 4 o’clock which is, according to Springco, a properly tuned AR.
While waiting for parts described above, I disassembled one of the 350 Legend magazines and polished the feed lips to a mirror surface, as well as the front of the mag. (Even when rounds are seated as far rearward as possible, recoil will shift them in the mag so that the projectile is rubbing on the mag surface.) I also polished the bolt face to a near mirror surface to lessen the phosphate finish acting like sandpaper against the rim and primer.
Put another 100 rounds through it with only one failure to feed with polished mag. I fired one box through the unpolished 350 mag, and every mag had at least one failure to feed. (My mags are cmmg and duramag 5 round 350 legend mags. The only difference I can see in the mags is the floor plate engraving)

It doesn’t take many rounds before the entire upper feels like sand on the inside.

Then it hit me that the ammo in the white boxes that I’ve been shooting are Winchester White box.

giphy.gif

Next range trip will be testing of 150, 160, and 170gn hunting ammo.

It will be properly cleaned prior of course.