American Revival Apparel Company

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Most of the Europeans I know get way more boozed up or high, but are still much more cordial before they can't speak or type intelligently anymore... Pretty sure buddy had an axe to grind well before this site, not sure why it was such a big ask to not be a raging cock to other members, but either way, he's no longer of any concern. :noidea:

I feel bad. I was out drunk and missed all the fun.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Yea the grip is terrible. Definitely would change it.
Unfortunately, with the 669 you’re stuck with either the factory grips, or Pachmayr rubber grips that have steel inside them. Doesn’t fix the huge blocky feel, IMHO makes it worse.
Best way to fix that problem on a 669 is to shoot too much +P+ through it, crack the frame, and send it back to S&W to fix. If they still have any 6906 frames, they’ll swap it in and only charge you about what you already paid for the gun. But it’ll be really sweet afterwards!

Ask me how I know….

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Alright so if I need about 1/8" clearance for this door to close, shave the casing or the door?

My first solution is to take a 2"x4" and hold it against the casing and take a heavy hammer to it and clearance it that way.

But I'm listening incase someone has a better solution.

Door is hung. It's for the laundry room. Morons had it as an inward swing but once you put your washer and dryer in there, there's no room for the door to swing. Idiots.

Door was removed and was in the garage in my way this whole time.

View attachment 129225
The door bevel is backwards.
Lemme ‘splain.

If you look at any other door, you’ll see that the side opposite the hinges is not exactly square This is so that when you’re closing the door, the edge that is going to be on the inside will seat against the trim without hitting as it goes by, but your outside edge doesn’t have a huge gap.
So to fix this you’ll need to get a door that’s beveled correctly, or set your saw for a 7° bevel (approximately) and recut the whole edge. But if you recut it, the door will be a bit small.
So you’ll want to add shims behind the hinge plates, which is a pain in the ass. Instead of hinge shims, I drive a small screw into the wood under the hinge plate. Back it out a hair.
Try the door fit.
Back the screw out another hair.
If you happen to strip the wood out of a screw hole, don’t worry. Use a couple toothpicks covered in wood glue, jammed into the hole. No need to wait for the glue to dry.

Good Luck!!!

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
The door bevel is backwards.
Lemme ‘splain.

If you look at any other door, you’ll see that the side opposite the hinges is not exactly square This is so that when you’re closing the door, the edge that is going to be on the inside will seat against the trim without hitting as it goes by, but your outside edge doesn’t have a huge gap.
So to fix this you’ll need to get a door that’s beveled correctly, or set your saw for a 7° bevel (approximately) and recut the whole edge. But if you recut it, the door will be a bit small.
So you’ll want to add shims behind the hinge plates, which is a pain in the ass. Instead of hinge shims, I drive a small screw into the wood under the hinge plate. Back it out a hair.
Try the door fit.
Back the screw out another hair.
If you happen to strip the wood out of a screw hole, don’t worry. Use a couple toothpicks covered in wood glue, jammed into the hole. No need to wait for the glue to dry.

Good Luck!!!

You know your wood