American Revival Apparel Company

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
@Grunk you ever get to see the Allman Brothers back in the day? This shit is beautiful. Reminds me a of a lady I used to work with at a restaurant over a decade ago. Nicest lady I ever met. Supporting 3 kids on her own. Multiple jobs. Always full of grace. Never complained, moved through life with a calmness I hope to have. Her name was Melissa and I hope she’s doing well, she deserves it more than most.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@Grunk you ever get to see the Allman Brothers back in the day? This shit is beautiful. Reminds me a of a lady I used to work with at a restaurant over a decade ago. Nicest lady I ever met. Supporting 3 kids on her own. Multiple jobs. Always full of grace. Never complained, moved through life with a calmness I hope to have. Her name was Melissa and I hope she’s doing well, she deserves it more than most.
Oh yeah, saw the Allmans more than once. Great band. Also saw Gregg Allman multiple times including his last concert ever. October 29, 2016 at Lakewood Amphitheatre.

My niece was dating a guy & they wanted a designated driver to take them & her brother & his wife to see this band called Blackberry Smoke. I was about to say no when I saw the lineup was Mother's Finest (an incredible Atlanta Funk band i saw several times in the late 70s), ZZ Top & Gregg Allman.

I said, "Yeah, you buy my ticket & I'll drive but you realize these Blackberry Smoke guys are the least interesting people there, don't you?"

Gregg had been sick a lot that year & postponed several gigs, but I never thought I'd see his final live performance. The guy my niece was dating at the time wanted to leave after seeing Blackberry Smoke in the middle of ZZ Top's set & before Gregg had even started. That did not happen.

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Oh yeah, saw the Allmans more than once. Great band. Also saw Gregg Allman multiple times including his last concert ever. October 29, 2016 at Lakewood Amphitheatre.

My niece was dating a guy & they wanted a designated driver to take them & her brother & his wife to see this band called Blackberry Smoke. I was about to say no when I saw the lineup was Mother's Finest (an incredible Atlanta Funk band i saw several times in the late 70s), ZZ Top & Gregg Allman.

I said, "Yeah, you buy my ticket & I'll drive but you realize these Blackberry Smoke guys are the least interesting people there, don't you?"

Gregg had been sick a lot that year & postponed several gigs, but I never thought I'd see his final live performance. The guy my niece was dating at the time wanted to leave after seeing Blackberry Smoke in the middle of ZZ Top's set & before Gregg had even started. That did not happen.
Mothers finest was the stuff back in the day , I saw them several times in the 70s and 80s

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Mothers finest was the stuff back in the day , I saw them several times in the 70s and 80s

"Too Funk for Rock, Too Rock for Funk"

Saw them down in the true Underground Atlanta many, many times in the late 70s, early 80s. Hell, we were probably at some of the same shows.

They were great that night as well. Some of the band members were obviously too young to have been in the original group, but they still had the sound. Baby Jean could still Bring it vocally even though she's older than I am.

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I can’t believe I used a mayday for the first time in my life lol. Legit thought it was the end. looking back at it, my partner, my self and my captain all went into a bad situation and knew better, but did it anyways. Almost paid the price.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Mornin' gents. Long weekend.

Wife's brother been in hospital for 2 weeks, Sat took a bad turn. Watched him slowly take fewer breaths Sun and Monday. He died yesterday afternoon.

He lived how he chose, booze, drugs, etc.. finally caught up with him. He's been in and out of hospital for the last year (liver failing, diabetes).

Covid made him sick, and he couldn't fight it.