Da moon
Lolol $950 HK USP 9...

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
I am planning to look at every angle, nook and cranny on an AK and would like to know what all parts do and how they interact. What appears to do nothing, does something. There is nothing "extra" and all cuts, angles, protrusions, reliefs, etc. have a purpose.

View attachment 121548

So the WBP and the underfolder were a little "sticky" with the action... last night I took a while and just slowly worked it to see what hung up, what needed to be rounded, and basically any sharp edges on the rails, lugs, and hammer. I think I figured out what needs to be dressed in order to make it cycle smoothly. Seems to be GTG now.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
So the WBP and the underfolder were a little "sticky" with the action... last night I took a while and just slowly worked it to see what hung up, what needed to be rounded, and basically any sharp edges on the rails, lugs, and hammer. I think I figured out what needs to be dressed in order to make it cycle smoothly. Seems to be GTG now.

I filed wherever there were sharp corners on the places the rail steps in and out. And any places I saw with wear marks from the few dozen times I manually cycled the bolt. That video you posted the other day helped a lot understanding the locking lug interface. Light grit wheel on the dremel and a diamond file and some fine sandpaper. I've noticed diamond files are better for dressing parts, they don't remove as much material and they don't leave file marks.