Macon ,GA.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Installed ALG AKT-EL trigger in the SLR107UR today. Took a little fitting and a little filing, but the install went smoothly. Trigger is unbelievably light now. I'm not sure whether I love it or I'm a little scared. I'll have to put a few rounds through it at some point and find out. Installed a FCG retaining plate while I was at it. I forgot how much of a PITA those shepherd's hooks are...

Installed an Ultimak rail on the SLR107UR as well. It's definitely an imperfect solution, but I'm going to see how it works. The handguard retaining pin on that rifle is TIGHT AF. Unbelievably tight, so it was a little more of a PITA than I thought it would be. Not the Ultimak's fault, but it took a little longer than I expected. I'm going to throw a Primary Arms red dot on there in the meantime and see how long it takes for the heat to fry it. If it dies, it dies. I might try putting the dot on a low rise QD mount to see if I can get a 1/3 cowitness. I don't want an absolute cowitness because the rear sight leaf is going to end up blocking half the FOV in the dot.

I haven't installed my top cover yet... been busy with other stuff today, but it'll happen sometime this week.

Augustatrader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Augusta
Yes, this weekend is good. Dee is more mobile.
We added all shared monthly expenses, plus for kids and savings to get the monthly budget. Then split it based on our annual income. I earn more, I put more in the shared pot.
Occasionally we will go into personal accounts for shared stuff (like gas or food). We do not begrudge it, since both prioratize family welfare.
Mrs. AT and I do the same thing for accounts. Yours, mine and ours (for shared household costs...).
Best advice I can give to young and old couples alike. Very few arguments about money and she never says anything about gun hobby purchases as long as the shared account is set up properly and bills/family needs are met.

Only took me two wives to figure it out.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Mrs. AT and I do the same thing for accounts. Yours, mine and ours (for shared household costs...).
Best advice I can give to young and old couples alike. Very few arguments about money and she never says anything about gun hobby purchases as long as the shared account is set up properly and bills/family needs are met.

Only took me two wives to figure it out.
She was a widow for a few years, as was I, before we got married. We got used to having "our own" money. This arrangement helps to keep some degree of financial independance, but takes care of the family also.