3 day old fish has more flavor

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Back in the nineties when I was making knives with my Partner James Huckabee James had come up with a design for a push button auto opening knife and we were making them and selling the hell out of them. At the time most knifemakers were attending The blade show and were setup in one section of the building. I met many of the other knifemakers and it was like a brotherhood and we all helped each other out. Mel approached James and asked him if he would show him how to build the push button folders to which he agreed. Mel came to our little shop at James house spent the day with us and we showed him the details of how to build them. At the time the coil springs were not a common item so we were having them made at a shop in Conyers, We had to but 500 at a time for them to make them. Mel asked us if he could buy some and we said sure and sold him 10 springs. He went back to his shop copied the design and went to Benchmade and told them he designed it and they bought the product and produced it under the Mel Pardue name. Mel made a lot of money but thats not the end of the story a year or so later James got stage 4 lung cancer probably from snorting Micarta dust. James had no insurance so I contacted Mel and asked him if he could help out some . He never called me back and would never answer any of my phone calls shortly thereafter James died. Mel is a piece of shit that was helped out by James as a friend and he fucked him over by claiming he designed the push button auto...

As Blackie Collins told me when I tried to get into the knife business. "The only knife that you're going to get, is one in the back."

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
As Blackie Collins told me when I tried to get into the knife business. "The only knife that you're going to get, is one in the back."

That’s a true statement.
I know some of the drama between blind horse knives (and what ever the current version is), self reliance outfitters (ie Dave), and diving sparrow knife works ( @Abe ). I only do business with one company now and it’s DSKW.
@Abe

Knife in the back is exactly right.

Part of the reason I don’t go to Blade anymore. Well, that, the traffic, the parking, and the damn crowds.