Faktory 47

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Don't flip it over, it'll taste like ass!

giphy.gif

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
I'm just geting caught up. And have some cool pain pills, i might have to edit this later...

Start with the cheap fixes (seafoam) etc. Then move to the most expensive thing (the whole dame engine). I'm usually done the "bottom up fixing" by about step 5 at worst.
I’m starting to get optimistic that it just needs to be cleaned. Maybe at the most have the valve train redone

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I’m starting to get optimistic that it just needs to be cleaned. Maybe at the most have the valve train redone

Funny thing about my 1997 F150 (4.2 v8, i think- been a few years)...

I bought it well used with about 125k miles. Sold it with over 250k.

At some point early in my ownership, i switched it to full synthetic oil and started having oil pressure problems. Switched back to the syn blend.

Ran a bottle of seafoam through it... started getting a little water in the oil. (You know you have water in the crankcase if you get some brownish/whitish foam building up on the dipstick) Apparently i had structural carbon build up the was sealing some holes. Never used seafoam again in that motor.

Find a youtube showing some one removing the valve covers- they're just stamped covers that go over the ends of the valves, bake springs, and rocker arms. Sometimes, they just snap down, no fasteners required.