Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Worked 11 hours yesterday ... salaried so extra work just means the job got done and I don't see a dime more.

That's one reason i quit my last job. We got comp time (at least something) for 15 years. Then the owners decided we'd just work until the job was done. Didn't take long to get enough of that.

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
Worked 11 hours yesterday ... salaried so extra work just means the job got done and I don't see a dime more.
I’m salary too. But at 8, I’m gone. We get comp time as required (on call and other things) All others still punch that clock.

Maybe I’m just disgruntled at the way my spending was presented to me. Still like my job, I do my own thing most days. Just feel that situation could have been handled a bit better.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I’m salary too. But at 8, I’m gone. We get comp time as required (on call and other things) All others still punch that clock.

Maybe I’m just disgruntled at the way my spending was presented to me. Still like my job, I do my own thing most days. Just feel that situation could have been handled a bit better.

Call them out on that shit.
I royally chewed out my VP last week.
He promised to do better. We’ll see.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

There's times I look for other jobs in my area, and I haven't pushed for anything bc I think I won't like anything anymore than where I'm at now. In other words, I'll hate it equally the same, if not more. So for now I've decided to stay put, shut up and color.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here

If it were me, I'd politely ask how many hours the management would like spent on fixing vs other things.

I have a feeling their fixing hours are way to low. And I'd let the work pile up... while reminding management that it is piling up during my limited fixing hours.

Eventually, the hours should balance out. Or bad decisions from management will result in costly outsourcing of repairs.

It's a risky bet.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
There's times I look for other jobs in my area, and I haven't pushed for anything bc I think I won't like anything anymore than where I'm at now. In other words, I'll hate it equally the same, if not more. So for now I've decided to stay put, shut up and color.

Having worked on contract for Northrop, SAIC, and others.... they are all assholes. I love working for my current employer. All the companies I've worked for previously had the Walmart mentality. I.e. make us more money or we'll get someone cheaper (that makes us less money)

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
If it were me, I'd politely ask how many hours the management would like spent on fixing vs other things.

I have a feeling their fixing hours are way to low. And I'd let the work pile up... while reminding management that it is piling up during my limited fixing hours.

Eventually, the hours should balance out. Or bad decisions from management will result in costly outsourcing of repairs.

It's a risky bet.
All I do is fix. That is my job. If I have nothing to fix, I can, at my discretion, go help the crews. He was concerned about my spending on repairs/maintenance. I’m at like 80% of budget with October being the end of fiscal year.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Not everybody has that liberty. He could do that and then be given walking papers.

It’s the Warrant Officer in me. I speak my mind the way I see it. I have been in screaming matches with upper management about the bullshit that comes out of them. But I know my worth and so do they. I churn out new hires that can do the job we need done.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code

It's a risky bet.

This guy gets it.