First silencer patent

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
IIRC Percy's first models were slip on models that didn't require threading.

Many of his original cans are still out there in museums and registered to collectors

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
What most people don't know, is Sir Hiram Maxim invented the lightbulb, not Edison. Edison paid him off, part of the non-compete agreement was for him to leave the country. He went to England & invented the greatest killing machine ever known, the Maxim Machine Gun. Also copied(unlicensed) by Germany as the MG-08, both were used extensively in WWI & by Russia up through WWII.

Reactions: Thenut

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So who's going to duplicate the patent and market it as a "vintage" suppressor?

Reactions: Righter13

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
So who's going to duplicate the patent and market it as a "vintage" suppressor?
I believe YHM did that
http://www.semperfiarms.com/store/product/suppressors/yhm-maxim-45.php
YHM is proud to offer Maxim sound suppressors.
Classic design meets modern performance in this Maxim 1911 .45 Sound Suppressor. The offset design allows the use of standard sights with a high-efficiency, lightweight suppressor. Constructed using Sound Tech’s patented baffle design (U.S. Patent #7,073,426) for superior sound reduction.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
What most people don't know, is Sir Hiram Maxim invented the lightbulb, not Edison. Edison paid him off, part of the non-compete agreement was for him to leave the country. He went to England & invented the greatest killing machine ever known, the Maxim Machine Gun. Also copied(unlicensed) by Germany as the MG-08, both were used extensively in WWI & by Russia up through WWII.

That is actually the father of this Hiram Maxim that invented the first silencer.

permaneo vox