Fighting Rifle

Faktory 47

Tom O.

Scout
Aug 11, 2015
Midwest
Injust finished Fighting Rifle and Advanced Fighting Rifle courses from Tactical Response. I have hot brass burns on my neck, a muzzle burn on my calf, a tourniquate bruise on my upper left arm (combat first-aid training not an injury), both shoulders are bruised, my neck is raw where my sling rubbed... and I have never fealt so alive.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Awesome.......but they made you put a tourniquet on? They always tell is in SABC not to even play with those things...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well, at least your twig and giggle berries were not scrambled during the self defense portion!

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Awesome.......but they made you put a tourniquet on? They always tell is in SABC not to even play with those things...
Seriously, the last TCCC refresher I did was taught by a SOCM grad and he was very against tight application in training. Too much potential for vascular or muscular damage that's really unnecessary.

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
How will you learn how to use it if you don't actually use it while under adult supervision. Unless Tim was the instructor then drop the adult part.

It's not rocket science...especially if you're lucky and have a windlass. Knowing when to use it and where to put it are arguably more important.

If they want to train on how to really use it use a dummy like we do. That way no one has the possibility of getting hurt and yiu can see just how hard that thing is going to clamp down on you...

Reactions: Righter13

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
Ok. When using a dummy you don't have a person telling you to stop that it hurts and bitching about it. Also by using a dummy you lose a HUGE training experience in doing it on yourself. Try putting a tourniquet on one handed without ever really doing it before and then argue the point. You cant see how hard "that thing is going to clamp down on you" on a dummy, and you cant feel the pain of it to know that that is normal. It takes a lot of pressure to stop or severely slow blood flow and it doesn't take a lot of pressure for someone to feel pain. Training like this yields bad results. We had a guy come to work on the ambulance who had gobs and gobs of training certificates and training hours and we went on a man down call... he jumped right into the swing of thing and started on chest compressions, only his chest compressions weren't doing shit. He was just going through the motions like he had done a million times over in training scenarios.

Reactions: TattooedGunner

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
We should all shoot ourselves for training...just in the leg meat or something.

Reactions: Righter13

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I literally haven't been to a good gun show since I was 14
But weren't they great?! Damn, I remember tagging along with my dad and seeing rows of HK 91's, and 94's thinking, "that's going to be in my gun safe some day". Then asking Santa at the Conestoga Mall for an HK94 when I was 8. Bastard pretended like he knew what I was talking about, but he never delivered.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I need to take a rifle class. I feel much more at home with a pistol than I do a rifle from taking pistol classes and that amount of repetitions.