EOTech Substitute

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

OreGear

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Lane County, Oregon
www.OreGear.org
Will all of the issues going on surrounding EOTech optics, does anyone know of any other optics that use a halo and dot system? It seems like a great reticle for CQB and I have an SBR begging for one.

I'm not interested in the cheap SightMark sights. Easily one of my worst purchases in my gun noob days.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I have run a Eotech very hard... ie, about 700 rounds in about 15 min... My rifle was so hot I had to hold the rifle from the mag, and melted the sling to the barrel... But, I did find one of my optics did get some white battery crud after being stored with the battery stored in it.... It was the "AA" 512 model . All that being said, I still like the Eotech as a CQB optic.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I've heard many stories of extremely resilient EOTechs, but I've also heard of many that haven't held up well at all.
All I can say, is that my optic held up, and I was shooting M855 ball ammo, as fast as I could pull the trigger... I do like the XPS Eotech better, one single battery and much shorter... But I never ragged my XPS.... Like I did the cheap 512....

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I appreciate your input, part of me is thinking "thug life" and getting an EOTech anyway

For civilian use in the Eastern part of the US on a semi auto gun I don't see why you would have an issue with one...plus you could probably get one DIRT cheap

OreGear

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Lane County, Oregon
www.OreGear.org
For civilian use in the Eastern part of the US on a semi auto gun I don't see why you would have an issue with one...plus you could probably get one DIRT cheap
Over here on the west coast I've seen issues with zero mostly in winter conditions. While I don't plan on experiencing another war scenario, it's nice to know that my chosen gear could handle it.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Over here on the west coast I've seen issues with zero mostly in winter conditions. While I don't plan on experiencing another war scenario, it's nice to know that my chosen gear could handle it.

I have shot my Eotech in -30 degree weather, for years at Ft. McCoy, WI. never had a problem w/ it holding zero.

Reactions: OreGear

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm keeping my Eotech, love the reticle and open field of view.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
They do have one! That's awesome. I may have my answer then. Even though it'd be fitting, I don't think I'd put one on my Tavor though. It'd work great with my SBR or KSG though.

Thanks for sharing that!

Just know that the reticle is slightly smaller than eotech

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Switched to a 3x Nikon p223. It's not what you're looking for, but worth the consideration. It makes the rifle a bit more capable at intended ranges. I have the scorpion for house work.