Do You Treat Your Rifles Rough?

American Revival Apparel Company

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
How many of you guys out there treat your rifles a little on the rough side to get them dirty, break them in etc etc. Just how many times have you thrown it around in mud or dirt to see if it still fires.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
To much cash invested for me to do that, however I've got no problem shooting 500 rds out of my ar's then cleaning, now my bolt rifles are my baby's and they're pretty much always clean

JustinS

Customized Title
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah, def don't go throw anything i own threw the mud or off rocks and shit, thats crazy

D

David

No way, I take pretty excellent care of my guns. Clean them every 500 rounds or so, don't throw them around in the dirt or mud. Def don't intentionally drop them just for effect either.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
It's a tool. I don't throw my hammer in the mud, but don't cry when it gets scratched or dirty either. Same for my rifles (primarily AR's). There is more than a little black sharpie covering scratches on my rifles. I run my rifles hard as an instructor, but a quality one will still perform! The other more collector value rifles I take care of more meticulously.

Feb 9, 2016
Theres been a few times i would run, sort of like a drill. Start with my AR, run out of ammo, drop it move on to side arm all while moving perty fast toward targets. Never really hurt it. I run a Votex Strikefire. That things hokds up really good, was expecting to knock the zero out, but didnt. Basically just wanted to see how fast i could transition to my side arm while moving in on a target. Still need to work at it. Haha. Damn shirt messed me up

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Thanks for the input guys. I take pretty good care of mine also, but was wondering if people abused them and they still worked.