Can't Stop the Signal - 3D CAD Gun Plans

Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

Yeah, President Trump's position hasn't been fully communicated, but as a populist, he will react similarly to the bump stock, say they're unneeded and dangerous and then step back when the noise settles and let the NRA and political leaders fight it out.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah, President Trump's position hasn't been fully communicated, but as a populist, he will react similarly to the bump stock, say they're unneeded and dangerous and then step back when the noise settles and let the NRA and political leaders fight it out.
It’s been fully and specifically communicated. He said it’s nonsense and doesn’t see a reason for it.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm betting that the NRA will react in the same manner that they did with bump-stocks. I'll be shocked if the NRA comes out and supports 3D printing.

Seems to me that the NRA is a fair-weather 2A friend these days... but maybe I'm wrong. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out

Reactions: dial1911 and Jake

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
The president made his position clear and directed the attorney general to put a proposal together to classify bump stocks as machine guns. Since then the ATF has continued to work on it, and the only thing that will stop it is legal and public resistance.

Reactions: dial1911

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'm betting that the NRA will react in the same manner that they did with bump-stocks. I'll be shocked if the NRA comes out and supports 3D printing.

Seems to me that the NRA is a fair-weather 2A friend these days... but maybe I'm wrong. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out

I think they're doing their best to play the long game instead of the short game, whatever that is.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
The president made his position clear and directed the attorney general to put a proposal together to classify bump stocks as machine guns. Since then the ATF has continued to work on it, and the only thing that will stop it is legal and public resistance.

Yeah... NRA and politicians who may not want to be voted out, will battle it out. It'll be interesting to see where it lands. I am not a fan of bump stocks, however I don't agree with banning them as that will create an easier precedence to ban other accessories deemed scary and dangerous.