Can we talk about KGmade's new 9mm integral?

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Their new 9mm intergal suppressed upper has adjustable ports to drop ammo to subsonic that may not be already loaded subsonic.

A. How are they doing that considering how far back the ports would need to be drilled?

B. Who here has paper towels because my pants are sticky?

C. @DoglegArms you getting some?

C. Anyone heard a price yet? KG tends to be price friendly, but i imagine this baby has spent some time passed between EDM wire cutter, lathes, and mills so it has to be a bit pricier.

@KGmade

Reactions: KGmade and Red Dawn

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Mp5sd had ports like 1/4" from the tip of the seated round, not sure how that works on a 9mm at where the barrel nut and threads sort of block that

Reactions: KGmade

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
631f2411a2750e48e86fb799bba0165d.jpg

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Mp5sd had ports like 1/4" from the tip of the seated round, not sure how that works on a 9mm at where the barrel nut and threads sort of block that
It took some time to figure out a design that met all of the criteria. One complaint that people have had with the mp5sd is that it drops velocity down so much that it's hardly, um, "effective" on two legged predators. They end up having to dump the mag to stop the threat.

Here's a look at the integral barrel. 15 user adjustable ports, the can starts less than 0.100" from the barrel nut for maximum internal volume, and the blast chamber of the suppressor core is vented, so even if you have all the ports closed, it still takes advantage of all the volume over the barrel. Fully welded 17-4 core, with a titanium tube.

Since this is a collaboration with Angstadt Arms, they have set the retail for the 16.5" complete integrally suppressed rifle at $1995. The SBR should be in the same price range. I think they will be offering complete uppers soon too. I don't know the price on those yet.

IMG_20170115_161655808.jpg

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
It took some time to figure out a design that met all of the criteria. One complaint that people have had with the mp5sd is that it drops velocity down so much that it's hardly, um, "effective" on two legged predators. They end up having to dump the mag to stop the threat.

Here's a look at the integral barrel. 15 user adjustable ports, the can starts less than 0.100" from the barrel nut for maximum internal volume, and the blast chamber of the suppressor core is vented, so even if you have all the ports closed, it still takes advantage of all the volume over the barrel. Fully welded 17-4 core, with a titanium tube.

Since this is a collaboration with Angstadt Arms, they have set the retail for the 16.5" complete integrally suppressed rifle at $1995. The SBR should be in the same price range. I think they will be offering complete uppers soon too. I don't know the price on those yet.

View attachment 25181
any chance at pro deal/demo unit pricing? dont have to post publicly about that obviously

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
@KGmade do y'all have one of these at your shop? I was going to swing by sometime and get that mag release if you still have it and I'd love to see one of these in person if you had one.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
To clarify, because I have the dumb, the $1995 price point would be for a complete rifle. There is currently no pricing for a complete upper by itself. Yes?

Reactions: Leshaire and KGmade

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
any chance at pro deal/demo unit pricing? dont have to post publicly about that obviously
I'm not sure yet, I'm going to have to ask Angstadt and see, but I hope so!
@KGmade do y'all have one of these at your shop? I was going to swing by sometime and get that mag release if you still have it and I'd love to see one of these in person if you had one.
Yessir. Come on by.
To clarify, because I have the dumb, the $1995 price point would be for a complete rifle. There is currently no pricing for a complete upper by itself. Yes?
Yes, the $1995 is for the complete 16" one stamp gun. The two stamp sbr and pistol should be pretty similar in price, but it hasn't been set yet.
And because I'm also dumb.. Will the barrel ever be sold by itself?
As in just the ported barrel, no silencer?

Reactions: AtlMedic

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
With or without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really doubt the bare barrels will be available, just because there wouldnt be any practical use for it without the silencer. It also has some unique geometry that is designed to work with our integral.

The integral will be offered as a complete upper with a rail. We do this because part of the silencer is pressed on to the barrel, which then keeps the barrel nut captured. If you really wanted, we could possibly do a few custom builds with a rail of your choosing, as long as it works with the dimensions of our suppressor.

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
The plan right now it to use Odin Works hardware and rails. They have a few to choose from, and they all use the same mount. We really like their O2 Lite rail.

Reactions: thebull