Can for SR22

American Revival Apparel Company
H

Hoss

I picked up this little SR22 today. She's got a threaded barrel and I would like to stick a can on her. I'm considering an ARC22AL. Is this the best option?
81421bc955e74416abcd56d649ececd3.jpg

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
One of the best values in .22 silencers...you can spend more but you won't really get more...

Reactions: Strider12

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
ARC22 stainless is a great can and value. I shoot the Spectre II and have put the 2 side by side. There's really no noticeable difference in them. Give @DoglegArms a pm he can hook you up. Nice pistol too btw

Reactions: DoglegArms and Hoss
H

Hoss

That's what I'm using. Just be careful and make sure the can shoulders to the barrel properly. I had to send my gun back to be rebarreled
Please elaborate. This gun is outfitted with an aftermarket barrel that's 1/2" longer than the standard threaded barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Please elaborate. This gun is outfitted with an aftermarket barrel that's 1/2" longer than the standard barrel.

Please elaborate. This gun is outfitted with an aftermarket barrel that's 1/2" longer than the standard barrel.

The factory barrel was misthreaded so the adapter wouldn't mount correctly. Ruger sent three more adaptors but it was obviously a barrel issue. They emailed a prepaid shipping label and I mailed, had a new barrel installed, and had the gun back in five days.

Reactions: Hoss

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The factory barrel was misthreaded so the adapter wouldn't mount correctly. Ruger sent three more adaptors but it was obviously a barrel issue. They emailed a prepaid shipping label and I mailed, had a new barrel installed, and had the gun back in five days.
Some people like to knock ruger, but their customer service is stellar though I've rarely needed it. The SR22 is a great host. I've got a Spectre II on mine, but had I waited a little longer I would've saved some money and got an ARC.

H

Hoss

I am probably the one and only person that paid for an Evercore and never picked it up. I'd have to call Bryan to make sure it's ok, but if you want it, you can have it for $25 under what I paid... that's $175 plus stamp.
What's the story in the Evercore?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I believe Evercore was the very first run of ARC22. If I'm not mistaken it's got the SS baffles in it as well. It's only going to go up in value one day priceless. I'd take the offer from @dial1911 I bet it won't be ran on the line again. Hmm I'm getting interested in it too.

Reactions: dougiemac

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
What's the story in the Evercore?

First run of cans for Dobbs. The baffles are aluminum with SS blast baffles. The deal with the evercore is Dobbs will replace the core free for the life of the can if and when technology improves.

H

Hoss

First run of cans for Dobbs. The baffles are aluminum with SS blast baffles. The deal with the evercore is Dobbs will replace the core free for the life of the can if and when technology improves.

I remember when that now. I guess I need to get the ball rolling on this. I've never paid that much attention to all of the threads regarding all of the paperwork involved. I've got some reading to do.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I remember when that now. I guess I need to get the ball rolling on this. I've never paid that much attention to all of the threads regarding all of the paperwork involved. I've got some reading to do.
I'd probably avoid a monocore suppressor just to reduce frp, although I did exactly the opposite with the IA Apex.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I'd probably avoid a monocore suppressor just to reduce frp, although I did exactly the opposite with the IA Apex.

I've got a Zephyr XL- also a monocore. I have noticed some extra pop on the first round, but it's not that bad. The 9mm cans with a baffle stack seem worse, but that is probably due to the caliber.

I like the monocore because it's lighter- good on a light weight .22.

Reactions: Laufen