Burned....

American Revival Apparel Company

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
1st, need more details

2nd, is this person legit or is this a CriagsFaceListerBroker from another site?

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
Legit trader posted a Never Fired Shield with Apex kit installed. Claimed install was $100 so he wanted $450 or trade.

I traded with him and find out the Shield is bone stock... No Apex spring and sear.

He won't return pm or text lol

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Legit trader posted a Never Fired Shield with Apex kit installed. Claimed install was $100 so he wanted $450 or trade.

I traded with him and find out the Shield is bone stock... No Apex spring and sear.

He won't return pm or text lol
Ah, okay, gotcha ...... and not to add insult to injury here, but you didn't inspect at the trade?

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
Yeah, I had a Shield a while back. The trigger on this one felt a little softer. He said he had the springs and sear replaced... Hard to tell and it made the reset a lot louder.

I'm a dumbass for not collecting the stock parts.

Apparently he has screwed multiple guys!

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
I am a survivor.... I don't bs, lie, cheat, or scam my way to the top.

I shook his hand, looked him in the eye and asked him if there was anything I needed to know.

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
I got a history that i'd like to keep just that. History.

It doesn't help when I get together with old friends and they bring up things I did.....

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I am a survivor.... I don't bs, lie, cheat, or scam my way to the top.

I shook his hand, looked him in the eye and asked him if there was anything I needed to know.
That's pretty fucked up; have you contacted him since? I only ask as I wonder if he actually knew of the issues or was just going off on what someone may have told him (as a trade flip).

I too have unfortunately taken a seller's/trader's word for internal condition in the past; I came home after a trade and broke down one particular pistol to only find what appeared to be Dremel tool marks on the slide; when I confronted the trader, he played the whole "Oh, I never broke it down" card .....

Luckily I was able to clean that particular gun up a bit, advised the next recipient of my concerns and work, and he was good with it.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I got a history that i'd like to keep just that. History.

It doesn't help when I get together with old friends and they bring up things I did.....
I understand ... what happens in 3rd world countries stays in 3rd world countries .... I'm a big believer in that myself....

Last edited:
Reactions: Strider12 and Shemp

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
I tried to contact him 4 times.

Tonight I got a warning for posting a public call out. He responded to my PM's and his story changed 3 times....

He now says he wants to make it right and will purchase the kit and give it to me.

I respect that if he follows through

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I tried to contact him 4 times.

Tonight I got a warning for posting a public call out. He responded to my PM's and his story changed 3 times....

He now says he wants to make it right and will purchase the kit and give it to me.

I respect that if he follows through
Okay, ya gotta tell the whole story now, start from the beginning and work your way to the public call out (sorry, I don't watch the other site too much, need play-by-play)

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
If it was a genuine mistake and he's buying you a kit that isnhonorable...but from the sound of it that doesn't seem to be the case with him changing his story several times.

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
hate to be a pessimistic person BUT its hard to trust anyone at face value
ive learned hard way,got burnt to many times

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
hate to be a pessimistic person BUT its hard to trust anyone at face value
ive learned hard way,got burnt to many times
It's not pessimistic to distrust people, it's just good business practice. There are two types of people, those who trust until that trust is broken and those that don't trust until it is earned. The first group tends to get burned WAY more often.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It's not pessimistic to distrust people, it's just good business practice. There are two types of people, those who trust until that trust is broken and those that don't trust until it is earned. The first group tends to get burned WAY more often.
The first group tends to live happier lives.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'd say that statement is in no way based on actual facts.
It's based on my experience. I'm not going to be one of the many scumbags this society has produced that is going to let money get in the way of happiness. And believe me, if one's take on life is to be suspicious of everybody that they encounter, they're probably a miserable scumbag even if they don't realize it, or refuse to admit it.

I lost 3/4 of my net worth in 2008 and I'm glad I did. It was like a burden lifted. It also gave me the chance to set new goals instead of sitting around and worrying about "stuff".

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
It's based on my experience. I'm not going to be one of the many scumbags this society has produced that is going to let money get in the way of happiness. And believe me, if one's take on life is to be suspicious of everybody that they encounter, they're probably a miserable scumbag even if they don't realize it, or refuse to admit it.

I lost 3/4 of my net worth in 2008 and I'm glad I did. It was like a burden lifted. It also gave me the chance to set new goals instead of sitting around and worrying about "stuff".
Trust goes way beyond money and material things.

What makes you happy doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I'm happy owning my own business. Working for someone else will never be as fulfilling, but there's a reason you don't find many blind trusting business owners. They've probably all been screwed out of business. In my opinion you don't just entrust people with things until they've proven worthy of your trust. You mentioned money, but what about children? Would you just drop them off with anybody, or would you thoroughly vet them first? There's nothing about earning trust rather than handing it out that should make a person less happy or fulfilled.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
So it's about "the children". Really? Can anybody defend their position without emotional horseshit?