Brief CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1 Review.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Here it is in it's current configuration.

IMG_0955.JPG

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
thats really strange, was it a serious set of rapid mag dumps?
No, not really. Double tapped 20 rounds. If you rapidly dumped mags through it, there's no way in hell you'd put your hand there.

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I was thinking the same thing. That's roughly where the chamber should be...was it just on the one side or both?
Both sides as far as my baby soft desk jockey hands could tell. It didn't take a lot of rounds to get it too hot to touch.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Both sides as far as my baby soft desk jockey hands could tell. It didn't take a lot of rounds to get it too hot to touch.
I would guess that it's just the chamber warming up and then the polymer transferring and retaining that heat. With it being direct blowback - and with the bolt being lite and small-ish - I would imagine a good bit of gas is escaping the aft end of the chamber along with the brass and that is probably heating the polymer as well.

I would never have thought that, though....interesting.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I would guess that it's just the chamber warming up and then the polymer transferring and retaining that heat. With it being direct blowback - and with the bolt being lite and small-ish - I would imagine a good bit of gas is escaping the aft end of the chamber along with the brass and that is probably heating the polymer as well.

if the chamber is getting that hot, I am surprised. direct blowback kind of likes to seand heat to the atmosphere real quick.

I wonder the thickness of the chamber walls?

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
if the chamber is getting that hot, I am surprised. direct blowback kind of likes to seand heat to the atmosphere real quick.

Agreed but if atmosphere is being held inside a sealed polymer shell....

I wonder the thickness of the chamber walls?
I wonder that too....funny thing to note, though. The manual does say the maximum "number of cartridges which can be fired from the
e barrel in continuous fire" is a measley 180. So apparently heat is an admitted issue.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
CZ-Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-Field-Stripped.jpg

The bolt is enormous for a 9mm.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
that-makes-me-moist.jpg

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Eh...maybe. the bolt on my MechTech SBR is four times that big. Size matters ;)

Yep. Much smaller than an uzi bolt too. Actually, it's pretty small for a direct blowback 9mm.

Reactions: rOmiLaYu

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
40 is an underrated suppressed round IMO.

But I couldn't care less about more direct blowback guns. It's old tech thrown in modern shells.
old tech but it's cheap to manufacture.

that's why you can get these for under 800 when others run twice that.