Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

BREAKING: ATF Classifies Galil ACE Pistols As “Machine Guns,” Demands Recall

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
IMG_8921-copy-e1450907912790.jpg

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) has officially started contacting Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) in order to start a formal recall of Galil ACE pistols. The recall is due to a third pin hole in the AKM-style receiver that technically makes the pistol a “machine gun” under federal law, despite the fact that they are not machine guns by design, nor readily converted into machine guns.

Read more: http://bearingarms.com/breaking-atf-classifies-galil-ace-pistols-machine-guns-demands-recall/

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
And you go on double probation if you're wearing shoes with laces....constructive intent.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
i honestly dont get it. what makes it a machine gun to them? is there something special about that third hole im missing (giggity)

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
i honestly dont get it. what makes it a machine gun to them? is there something special about that third hole im missing (giggity)
lol at the giggity

but i guess its because the whole can be retapped out (as if anyone with a drill press cant do this) and allow a FA sear to be slotted in? but i dont know how the guts in a galil work so im just postulating here

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
lol at the giggity

but i guess its because the whole can be retapped out (as if anyone with a drill press cant do this) and allow a FA sear to be slotted in? but i dont know how the guts in a galil work so im just postulating here
5 points for using "postulating" correctly in a sentence.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Auto sear holes or even intentions for the auto sear holes legally classify it as a machine gun receiver. So if your ar15 had indentions marking the auto sear hole, even though the receiver does not have full holes or the proper cavity for a full auto FCG, then it is and will always be a machine gun.

Similar to when AK's had their auto sear holes welded shut, still a machine gun.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
lol at the giggity

Nope, the auto sear still won't fit. The law is this dumb.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
lol at the giggity

but it's forward of the trigger!