Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
IMG_8921-copy-e1450907912790.jpg

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) has officially started contacting Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) in order to start a formal recall of Galil ACE pistols. The recall is due to a third pin hole in the AKM-style receiver that technically makes the pistol a “machine gun” under federal law, despite the fact that they are not machine guns by design, nor readily converted into machine guns.

Read more: http://bearingarms.com/breaking-atf-classifies-galil-ace-pistols-machine-guns-demands-recall/

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And you go on double probation if you're wearing shoes with laces....constructive intent.

Reactions: Shemp

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
i honestly dont get it. what makes it a machine gun to them? is there something special about that third hole im missing (giggity)

Reactions: Shemp

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
i honestly dont get it. what makes it a machine gun to them? is there something special about that third hole im missing (giggity)
lol at the giggity

but i guess its because the whole can be retapped out (as if anyone with a drill press cant do this) and allow a FA sear to be slotted in? but i dont know how the guts in a galil work so im just postulating here

Reactions: Leshaire

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
lol at the giggity

but i guess its because the whole can be retapped out (as if anyone with a drill press cant do this) and allow a FA sear to be slotted in? but i dont know how the guts in a galil work so im just postulating here
5 points for using "postulating" correctly in a sentence.

Reactions: Thenut

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Auto sear holes or even intentions for the auto sear holes legally classify it as a machine gun receiver. So if your ar15 had indentions marking the auto sear hole, even though the receiver does not have full holes or the proper cavity for a full auto FCG, then it is and will always be a machine gun.

Similar to when AK's had their auto sear holes welded shut, still a machine gun.

Reactions: DoglegArms

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
lol at the giggity

Nope, the auto sear still won't fit. The law is this dumb.

Reactions: Thenut

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
lol at the giggity

but it's forward of the trigger!