Blank "canvas"

American Revival Apparel Company
H

Hoss

We did Christmas at the parent's house this evening. We always draw names and this year @Kobayashi gave me a very nice Anderson stripped lower.

I'm stoked as hell but can't decide what to build with it. I kinda want to do a Vietnam throwback but with an M4 sized carbine. However, I own no .223 weapons but have quite a few 7.62 commie rifles. I would most likely want to build something I can hunt deer and hogs with so I might want to build out as a 7.62. There again, I wouldn't mind building my first NFA SBR.

Help

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Bring it to @DoglegArms. He will help you setup a trust, build the SBR for you, engrave it with company name instead of your trust name. Form 2 it, then form 4 it to your trust.

Mike will hold your hand the whole process and you will end up with a "Factory" SBR.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
We did Christmas at the parent's house this evening. We always draw names and this year @Kobayashi gave me a very nice Anderson stripped lower.

I'm stoked as hell but can't decide what to build with it. I kinda want to do a Vietnam throwback but with an M4 sized carbine. However, I own no .223 weapons but have quite a few 7.62 commie rifles. I would most likely want to build something I can hunt deer and hogs with so I might want to build out as a 7.62. There again, I wouldn't mind building my first NFA SBR.

Help

Most start with the barrel and build around it. You can work on completing the lower while you shop for a barrel.

I don't see the point in doing an AR SBR if you don't suppress it. I'm sure most disagree though. But 12.5" is the shortest you want for 762 and 10.5" for 556.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I love my ar (s) in x39. Great guns and fun to shoot. The pistol is probably my favorite to shoot and once I suppressed it became even more enjoyable. The options are there and limitless possibilities.

H

Hoss

Hmmmmmm...... I don't know if I even want to start down the NFA path. It's an expensive path, to be sure.

Reactions: Kobayashi

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I've been looking hard at the PSA 6.8spc upper for my next AR. I've got a 300blk pistol and a 14.5" 5.56 AR. So I'm thinking a 6.8spc with a 18" barrel and then a .308 with a 20" barrel will complete my AR family and I can move on to other guns.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I really like the idea of the Vietnam throwback. Sorry, but I don't give a flying fuck about SBRs, suppressors, and all that "operator" bullshit. Molle vests, 5.11 head-to-toe, etc all to shoot at a steel plate...gtfo.

Reactions: Semi-Pro
H

Hoss

I really like the idea of the Vietnam throwback. Sorry, but I don't give a flying fuck about SBRs, suppressors, and all that "operator" bullshit. Molle vests, 5.11 head-to-toe, etc all to shoot at a steel plate...gtfo.

I feel you here man. I built a Vietnam throw back a while back and hate that I sold it. At least here, I know I'll never sell it since the lower was a gift from my brother.

Reactions: scand

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I feel you here man. I built a Vietnam throw back a while back and hate that I sold it. At least here, I know I'll never sell it since the lower was a gift from my brother.
I say go for it! While you're putting it together- crack open an a Carling Black Label, Old Milwaukee, or Budweiser original...but wait till it's hot, or at least room temp and turn on some Smokey Robinson and you're practically there.

H

Hoss

At this point, a suppressor would be a novelty for me. I don't really need one but do think they're kinda cool.