Blank "canvas"

Howard Law

qodeBebop

Woodsman
Aug 5, 2015
NW Georgia
Too bad its not like that here... BTW, do you see a shift in zero when you put the can on? I only ask, b/c When we did M-110 training w/ the Knights Arm. Semi Auto Sniper Systems, after a 300 meter zero, w/o the can... We put the cans on, and every single one had about a 6 in shift, on the 300m target.. So we had to have DOPE with and w/o the cans, in our data books. Just asking what you have seen shooting w/ a can.
Yes. Usually more on AR's than bolt guns from my experience. Not only can it change your zero but also muzzle velocity change is worth noting for the longer range shots.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Too bad its not like that here... BTW, do you see a shift in zero when you put the can on? I only ask, b/c When we did M-110 training w/ the Knights Arm. Semi Auto Sniper Systems, after a 300 meter zero, w/o the can... We put the cans on, and every single one had about a 6 in shift, on the 300m target.. So we had to have DOPE with and w/o the cans, in our data books. Just asking what you have seen shooting w/ a can.
Only on my high velocity rifles. Pretty minimal with my Specwar( 2" left at 200 yards)

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I love me some 5.11 pants & work shirts, that stuff lasts forever.

I'll be the fat balding guy at the Army/Navy range wearing 5.11 & shooting some suppressed stuff; stop over and say hello :D

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I own a FA, it's cool for a couple mag dumps and bragging rights but other then that.........
I've always been unimpressed. Like having a car that has straight line speed, but handles like a pig on ice. It's fun for a short time, but give me semi-auto any time.

Reactions: SafeCracka

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
One note on this thread. The title should be "blank canvas". The "palette" would be all of the available "colors" or possibilities for the lower. That's far from blank...lots of options.

H

Hoss

One note on this thread. The title should be "blank canvas". The "palette" would be all of the available "colors" or possibilities for the lower. That's far from blank...lots of options.

Valid point. I thought it sounded wrong but I tried :)

Reactions: Laufen

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Pallet.jpg

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've always been unimpressed. Like having a car that has straight line speed, but handles like a pig on ice. It's fun for a short time, but give me semi-auto any time.
I was talking to a guy at Gemtech who had been in the biz for a while. he said "There's shooting something the size of an orange at 1000yards and holding the trigger down on a belt fed and walking your bullets into the target, everything in between gets boring quick".

For me that phrase is pretty true. I don't like full auto MP5's, love em semi, but the FA ones are too easy to keep on target. M16's are a bit more fun, but the absolute best for me are things like Dobb's FA glock 26 which takes some time to get mastered to even get more than 1 round on target, or belt feds.

I suspect full auto rimfire to be a bit of fun. plus, I'd like to put 2-3 rounds in a squirrel with one squeeze just a few times.