Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
The rear trunion is for for more integrity. Gives a second locking point.

The TacSols are great, but you have to buy the entire assembly. It does not takes factory bolts and such.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The rear trunion is for for more integrity. Gives a second locking point.

The TacSols are great, but you have to buy the entire assembly. It does not takes factory bolts and such.
Good to know. I didn't realize the Tac Sol was a proprietary bolt. Not that I'd want to run a plain factory bolt in it, but I do like options.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You will need a trigger assembly (the bx trigger is pretty decent and cheap) stock and barrel. Then an optic or sights of your choice. The receiver comes complete with polished stainless bolt, stainless dual recoil springs and guide rods, charging handle, stainlessv block, stainless v block screws, stainless trigger pack pins, and a urethane recoil buffer.
They also come in a variety of colors

View attachment 30847 View attachment 30848 View attachment 30849 View attachment 30850 View attachment 30851
Yeah, I love the OD. Have you ran one of their barrels?

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Their bolt is proprietary, because of the dual recoil assembly, but luckily it is a very nice bolt. Ive used a Kidd bolt that was over $100 and the tac sol is just as nice.

I do like the idea of the rear trunnion on the other one, but on the other hand you are limited on stock choices, or sending them out to get cut for it.

I havent used the tac sol barrel, but they are super light.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Their bolt is proprietary, because of the dual recoil assembly, but luckily it is a very nice bolt. Ive used a Kidd bolt that was over $100 and the tac sol is just as nice.

I do like the idea of the rear trunnion on the other one, but on the other hand you are limited on stock choices, or sending them out to get cut for it.

I havent used the tac sol barrel, but they are super light.
Damn y'all are making this hard..... How's the Tac Sol reliability? Better than factory? I imagine with the upgraded recoil and probably better extractor it would be.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Damn y'all are making this hard..... How's the Tac Sol reliability? Better than factory? I imagine with the upgraded recoil and probably better extractor it would be.
Typically not more reliable. But you will rarely get a TacSol or Kidd out of spec. You get plenty out of spec with a Ruger.

Custom guns tend to be pickier with ammo. Tolerances are much tighter, which is why people want aftermarket receivers and barrels to begin with. This creates more accurate guns, but you do tend to lose some reliability when using cheap bulk ammo. CCI, Wolf Match, SK Jagd, Lapua, etc have given no issues in any of mine. Throw some Golden Bullets or Winchester WB in there, good fucking luck.

Last edited:

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I havent shot a (semi) 10/22 as much as my tac sol, but our open bolt has seen quite a few rounds. I ended up having to polish the inside of the receiver because the soft casting combined with 22 crud chewed up the inside. The tac sol still looks great. Barrel needs to be fit correctly. I could help out with thatits pretty straight forward.

The "match" type barrels can be ammo picky. Ive had great luck with federal automatch 325 bricks, cci standard velocity, and various aguila loads. Remington golden bullets, not so much.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If my green mountain barrel gets too picky with ammo then I am going to go back to the factory barrel. I like accuracy but I don't need it enough to loose the ability to shoot cheap ammo. As long as it will handle the auto match reliably I'll be happy.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Well, this one will be for actual matches, so I'll keep good ammo in it. But I want it to be 100% with that ammo. If I want to shoot golden bullet, I'll grab my takedown and go back to the poverty thread. Lol

Reactions: Axeman

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
IF* I go Kidd, would it be better to get the slip fit receiver so I could go with a Feddersen or something else if I wanted, or would it be better to get the Kidd supergrade barrelled receiver? I know Kidd barrels are supposed to be exceptional and I would think it might be a slight nod to accuracy vs the traditional 10/22 slip fit.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The best 10/22 receiver is that open bolt FA that @KGmade built. Brrrrt, and 10rds gone, it's empty. :D That's the most fun .22 I've ever shot.

I thought that Kyle was gonna have a heart attack every time someone grabbed that thing at the IV8888 shoot and tried to hit the bolt closed after they had just been told that it's an open bolt. He was getting soooooo pissed(and rightfully so).

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The best 10/22 receiver is that open bolt FA that @KGmade built. Brrrrt, and 10rds gone, it's empty. :D That's the most fun .22 I've ever shot.

I thought that Kyle was gonna have a heart attack every time someone grabbed that thing at the IV8888 shoot and tried to hit the bolt closed after they had just been told that it's an open bolt. He was getting soooooo pissed(and rightfully so).
Wow.... People are retarded. I would've been T totally pissed as well. That thing is amazing. I loved shooting it.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I understand there was a lot going on, and not everyone knows what open bolt means, but there was one youtube reviewer in particular who you would think would know better that did it. Handed him the rifle, said its a full auto open bolt, so just pull the charging handle and its good to go. I then watch him walk up to the line, pull it back, get confused when it doesnt go forward and just starts hammering on it with his fist. He was not a small dude too.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I understand there was a lot going on, and not everyone knows what open bolt means, but there was one youtube reviewer in particular who you would think would know better that did it. Handed him the rifle, said its a full auto open bolt, so just pull the charging handle and its good to go. I then watch him walk up to the line, pull it back, get confused when it doesnt go forward and just starts hammering on it with his fist. He was not a small dude too.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. Even I got mad at the dude for you guys. He was literally beating that charging handle so hard I'm surprised he didn't break anything.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. Even I got mad at the dude for you guys. He was literally beating that charging handle so hard I'm surprised he didn't break anything.
Definitely a Very Strong Operator

Reactions: Jake

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It threw me off too. I felt like an idiot when you told me it was open bolt. I will admit that even after you told me I was not 100% sure I was doing it right since I had never shot or even handled an open bolt gun. I will say though that at least I didn't try and force the bolt forward. I am not too proud to admit when I don't know how something works.

Reactions: chance and Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
It threw me off too. I felt like an idiot when you told me it was open bolt. I will admit that even after you told me I was not 100% sure I was doing it right since I had never shot or even handled an open bolt gun. I will say though that at least I didn't try and force the bolt forward. I am not too proud to admit when I don't know how something works.
That's the key.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
No worries at all. I dont have any problem with people not understanding something. It was mostly that one guy in particular i was afraid was going to break something he was hitting it so hard lol

Reactions: AtlMedic