Beretta 92A1 thread barrel or buy extended one?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Simple question here guys. I'm debating on threading my existing factory barrel or buy an extended threaded one. It's a 92A1 if that matters, which I don't think it does. image.jpg

Threading it is $75

Buying an extended threaded one seems to be running around 250-300.

Do I really need an extended one?

Reactions: dial1911

Okuma Steve

Lawnboy
Trusted Trader
Sep 15, 2014
1. You are using too much lube.

2. I think Bryan told me he could thread a factory 92FS barrel... any comments @N Word Jim ? I think you had one in the retail counter at one time when I was in the store... long time ago though.

I've mic'd my barrel before and there is enough meat on it to thread 1/2x28.
Yep, do it all the time. It's a short thread but we've never had any negative feedback about it. i do always remind people that its a short thread and to check integrity often

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
1. You are using too much lube.

2. I think Bryan told me he could thread a factory 92FS barrel... any comments @N Word Jim ? I think you had one in the retail counter at one time when I was in the store... long time ago though.

I've mic'd my barrel before and there is enough meat on it to thread 1/2x28.
ha ha not to much lube, i run grease on my steel gubs anyways, but this photo was taken after a 500 round range session during a torrential down pour, those vz grips maintain their grip even when.soaked.

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Yep, do it all the time. It's a short thread but we've never had any negative feedback about it. i do always remind people that its a short thread and to check integrity often
you are the one im going to get to do it. that and my 700 barrel, probably going to stop by first of next week, just long hour and half drive to get there...lol

Reactions: Okuma Steve

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
I was just messing with you- great looking pistol by the way.
i know well just in case...lol

i love that pistol my favoriteauto loader,. a lot of 92A1s have a solod black frame, im not sure if mine was slightly off or what but i love it its more of a super dark navy blue than it is black.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
@sam was selling a TB on here I'm not sure if it's gone or not.

I would find a used barrel to full threads on it

Reactions: sam

Okuma Steve

Lawnboy
Trusted Trader
Sep 15, 2014
you are the one im going to get to do it. that and my 700 barrel, probably going to stop by first of next week, just long hour and half drive to get there...lol
Right on, we do stuff through the mail too if the drive is a pain

Okuma Steve

Lawnboy
Trusted Trader
Sep 15, 2014
After finally getting around to shooting the gun. Decided to keep it
They said you was gone forever and then I tried to see you on FB, gone there too. Glad you're back. Don't let the man keep you down.

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Damn, if Im going to be associated with my business on a public forum I guess I should change my name. How does one apply for name change on here?
I actually was curious about that when you introduced yourself on here, I was like that could be negative publicity, but figured you just didn't care..lol

Okuma Steve

Lawnboy
Trusted Trader
Sep 15, 2014
I actually was curious about that when you introduced yourself on here, I was like that could be negative publicity, but figured you just didn't care..lol
Well on the forums I don't think anybody really takes it to heart but in the real world some people are just anal about stuff. I really don't care from a personal stand point but I probably do need to fix it.

Reactions: Olchevy