Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
cannon11-900x421.png

The ATF is at it again with their ridiculous definitions.

"X Products came out with a nifty little device a while back that uses blank 5.56 NATO cartridges to launch soda cans through the air. It was a really cool and fun concept, and we’ve had a blast using it.Apparently the ATF has caught wind of this little ray of fun and sunshine and decided that it must be stamped out at all costs. X Products received a love note from the firearms regulators the other day stating that their product is now considered an “Any Other Weapon,” an item which is highly regulated under the National Firearms Act. The hyper-regulatory brainiacs consider the can luncher a “shotgun” meaning your SBR tax stamp won’t cut the mustard here. In short, anyone who owns one of these things without paying the tax stamp for the privilege may be a felon in the eyes of the ATF. Here’s the letter from X Products . . ."

ATF Letter attached

Read more: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...uncher-an-aow-all-owners-now-possibly-felons/

Attachments

• Can_Cannon_Determination_Letter.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Thank god. I heard these things can take down a commercial airliner by punching a hole clean through it's engine block. I've also heard these things referred to as "cop killers". Anyway, the streets are a little safer now.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ok so now Coke Kills?
If 1000 innocent people per day were killed with one of these for the next 100 years it wouldn't come close to killing as many people as Coke has.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I wonder if the golf ball launcher is next?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Lol the barrel is welded in front with side vent holes to push the gas out behind the can.

Guess they'll have to extend the shroud

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
That's what I was thinking. Just taper it out so that it still has the same barrel but will now or less have a big flash hider on it.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
What if you already have one? Are you supposed to file the paperwork and put it on the shelf until it comes in?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What if you already have one? Are you supposed to file the paperwork and put it on the shelf until it comes in?
No, but for Christ's sake you'd better get all of the cans out of your house...constructive intent and all.

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
They don't give a rats ass.
So why bother with the reclassification? Are you saying they don't care if we own one or don't care if you register or not? Not trying to be obtuse. Just curious what you mean.

What really gets me, is that the golf ball launcher has been around much longer. And the "barrel" on these things is plugged. It's not even a freaking barrel. More like an expansion chamber. Sure, someone could stuff any number of things inside it to launch. But I could do the same with a pvc potato gun.

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
So why bother with the reclassification? Are you saying they don't care if we own one or don't care if you register or not? Not trying to be obtuse. Just curious what you mean.

What really gets me, is that the golf ball launcher has been around much longer. And the "barrel" on these things is plugged. It's not even a freaking barrel. More like an expansion chamber. Sure, someone cou
ld stuff any number of things inside it to launch. But I could do the same with a pvc potato gun.

Way to go @DarthVader now theyll Be a letter coming out about potatoe guns

Reactions: DarthVader

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

What really gets me, is that the golf ball launcher has been around much longer. And the "barrel" on these things is plugged. It's not even a freaking barrel. More like an expansion chamber. Sure, someone could stuff any number of things inside it to launch. But I could do the same with a pvc potato gun.
I'm saying it doesn't "stick it to them" by buying one. They don't give a fuck about it personally. They pass bullshit laws and enforce them with the same clinical attitude that they use to create them.

Reactions: freedom

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
No, but for Christ's sake you'd better get all of the cans out of your house...constructive intent and all.
*constructive possession

Also, lol @ anyone who has ever bought one of those stupid things.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
*constructive possession

Also, lol @ anyone who has ever bought one of those stupid things.
Are you kidding me? These things and golf ball launchers mounts to 7" barrels are fun as hell to play with. It's like practicing grenadine or mortaring