Faktory 47

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
From the best I can tell the start of the buffer tube, it is very sporadic.
Is the carrier going too far back in the tube. That's what snapped off my key. Might need to try a heavier spring.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Say what you will there's some barrel rise on the AR9 pistol with no suppressor on those shorter barrels. If you don't have a stock your accuracy will go down. I put 8" barrel on mine for the weight and more handle. Also would recommend the Thorsden cheek rest on a pistol buffer tube to help steady it and a good sling.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Say what you will there's some barrel rise on the AR9 pistol with no suppressor on those shorter barrels. If you don't have a stock your accuracy will go down. I put 8" barrel on mine for the weight and more handle. Also would recommend the Thorsden cheek rest on a pistol buffer tube to help steady it and a good sling.
+1 for the thorsden or the blade.

Reactions: Righter13

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Yea his bolt uses a pinned on weight/extension and it wobbles. I think thats what catches on the buffer tube

Is there room to put a c washer inbetween the 2 to change the angle and tighten the wobble

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Is there room to put a c washer inbetween the 2 to change the angle and tighten the wobble
That's a possibility. I can probably find something to shim it with. I will take some pics tonight and see what yall think

Reactions: Red Dawn

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If I remember correctly yes.
I don't know why everyone stays all over PSA's nuts. They make(or put their name on) garbage. I'd say 75% of all PSA branded parts I've ever gotten had some sort of functionality problem. I will never use their parts again. There's plenty of other places that will ship me shit parts in under a month.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I don't know why everyone stays all over PSA's nuts. They make(or put their name on) garbage. I'd say 75% of all PSA branded parts I've ever gotten had some sort of functionality problem. I will never use their parts again. There's plenty of other places that will ship me shit parts in under a month.
I think PSA grew faster than they planned and their quality dropped as a means to keep up with demand. We didn't used to hear about nearly as many issues with them

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

back before sandy hook, before they acquired ptac (craptical tactical) - they were a legit vendor. lowers seemed to be made by aero precision while most uppers/barrels were fn ("premium"). they were a good option.

then they got into the "blem" game which led to a race to the bottom.

then came the ptac and freedom crap.

Reactions: dial1911

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I honestly have no major issue with psa. Yeah the parts are not always the best, but every manufacture has flaws. All though you may not see them. I got the bcg for a good deal and other than the slight binding I have had no major issues.