AR-9

American Revival Apparel Company

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I don't have any experience with the QC10 lower, but I do like the looks of the NFA dedicated Glock mag lower I've got- of course, it's still sitting in a box, untouched. I have no idea if the thing works or not- but the machining and finish look very good.

I built my AR9 with a 4" barrel. Started off with a 10.5" PSA upper. Swapped the barrel out for a 4" shortly after that- the 10.5" is just short enough to require a stamp, but too long with a can on it. The 4" is a good length.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah, I suppose. Do your thing.

-1 vote for anything PSA
-1 vote for magwell blocks
-1 vote for colt style mags
-1 vote for a barrel longer than 5" lol
I'm with you on the first three. What is the downside of a barrel over 5"?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Its not doing you any justice after 5". I mean with no can and needing to hold the thing I guess you dont have much of an option.
I think I could work with something like this (not the colt mag). I guess I'll aim for a 4 or 5" barrel. I hadn't factored a flash hider into it either so that would give me a little wiggle room.
IMG_1877.PNG

Reactions: Leshaire

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Yeah, I suppose. Do your thing.

-1 vote for anything PSA
-1 vote for magwell blocks
-1 vote for colt style mags
-1 vote for a barrel longer than 5" lol
I agree with all of this except the colt mags. I love my colt mags. That said, the only issue I've had with mine was due to some shitty ASC mags. I just hate the stupid angle of the dangle with the Glock mags.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
QC10 Colt mag lower with a Cross Machine Tool upper. I highly recommend them as well. 5.5" barrel. The fit and finish on this thing is like nothing I've ever seen. I figured if I'm gonna stamp it I'm married to it and spent a few more dollars.

IMG_6379.JPG

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I agree with all of this except the colt mags. I love my colt mags. That said, the only issue I've had with mine was due to some shitty ASC mags. I just hate the stupid angle of the dangle with the Glock mags.
I just don't want to have to worry about stocking another type of mag. This way I can stick with glock and AR mags only. Two calibers and two types of mags will make things simpler

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If you plan to suppress it and/or run some type of captured buffer/spring setup like a JP in the future, just make sure the bolt carrier you get has the removable center section to accommodate the rod in the captured setup.

I wasn't aware of that when I started my build, but I lucked out. Had I bought something like a PSA bcg it wouldn't have worked.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
New Frontier armory dedicated glock mag lower. ~4" barrel give or take. Soon the be a sbr. Had minimal issues so far, the biggest one is the bcg binding up going into the buffer, meaning I need to shoot it more. Other than that it suppresses great and is an absolute blast to shoot. 20161118_111145.jpg

Reactions: Laufen

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I currently have an AR9 that is full sized that I built. Upper is PSA 16" w/15" rail and hybrid bolt (Glock or Colt mags). Lower was built off a RunnerRunnerGuns Glock 9mm pattern. It has an ACT trigger with JP yellow springs in it. Buffer tube has 8oz buffer and 308 carbine spring. Magpul CTR stock and a Glock mag holder grip (haven't tried it yet like this). Topped off with a Vortex Spitfire and an AAC TiRant45 can. Runs like a top and have not had a FTF or FTE with it shooting both 115 and 147gr ammo both with and without the can. Fun range gun when suppressed and always get a grin out of anyone who shoots it. Heavy buffer and 308 spring help with recoil and keeping gas out of your face.

If I do another one and SBR, I would only change the upper setup and go with short Ballistic Advantage barrel and tuck can under handguard.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
i went with a removeable mag block (hanh precision). i like colt mags; glock mags look dumb and insert at a weird angle.

the hanh is pricey but i can convert to 5.56 or another caliber in about 60 seconds. this lower pulls double duty on an 11.5" 5.56 sbr.

i got a good deal on a 6.5" barrel and it works with my hand guard even with no can attached. it keeps 147gr sub sonic.

either this or my suppressed 10/22 is my favorite range toy.

my ar9 has been 100% reliable with the exception of washougal river cartridge co ammo - which was the most under-powered stuff i've ever shot. i guess they were saving on powder to offer such a cheap price.

i would much rather have a true rifle round for a defensive use.