anyone here play golf?

Faktory 47

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I played 3 days a week when I lived in Florida. My handicap on most public courses was in the 12 range. That went up when I played Duval or Sawgrass. Haven't swang a club in 7 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Reactions: Hunter4life

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I played 3 days a week when I lived in Florida. My handicap on most public courses was in the 12 range. That went up when I played Duval or Sawgrass. Haven't swang a club in 7 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
I was the same way. I shot in the mid to high 80s when playing every day on the golf team in high school, then kinda got burned out on it. Then when I started just playing leisurely and enjoying it more I got better and would shoot low 80s. Now I rarely ever play and feel good if I break 100. I played a lot of nice courses back in the day. I'd be embarrassed to go back to sawgrass now.

Reactions: Strider12
H

Hoss

I was the same way. I shot in the mid to high 80s when playing every day on the golf team in high school, then kinda got burned out on it. Then when I started just playing leisurely and enjoying it more I got better and would shoot low 80s. Now I rarely ever play and feel good if I break 100. I played a lot of nice courses back in the day. I'd be embarrassed to go back to sawgrass now.
If golf was easy they'd call it Strider ' s mom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I was on the golf team in HS for a brief period. I joined so I could play for free at the local course and save the $4 they charged high schoolers. Then after a couple months of playing 4x a week, I decided I didn't like it enough. I could break 90 about half the time when I played regular, but haven't played in 10 years.

My 15 wants to play now after the grandparents put him in a PTC golf camp, maybe I'll be taking him in the near future.

I almost bought a new set in Florida earlier in the month. I was in a goodwill that had big bertha and some other good stuff for $6 a club, and a rally nice leather Callaway bag for $12.

I might be game if the green fees aren't too high. And if no one minds a 110 stroke hack.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I was on the golf team in HS for a brief period. I joined so I could play for free at the local course and save the $4 they charged high schoolers. Then after a couple months of playing 4x a week, I decided I didn't like it enough. I could break 90 about half the time when I played regular, but haven't played in 10 years.

My 15 wants to play now after the grandparents put him in a PTC golf camp, maybe I'll be taking him in the near future.

I almost bought a new set in Florida earlier in the month. I was in a goodwill that had big bertha and some other good stuff for $6 a club, and a rally nice leather Callaway bag for $12.

I might be game if the green fees aren't too high. And if no one minds a 110 stroke hack.
Dibs on my doubles partner! We can do 220 together! Ahahaba

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I would be lucky if I could bit the ball straight down there. And not have it land in a gators mouth
Ft Lauderdale is when everyone in your group take their shot from the best position. Everyone pays their second shot, from where the best drive landed, etc. It's the only way I ever broke par.

Reactions: madHatter

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Like you guys, I used to play a lot in college and for about five years after. Then I had a couple of kids and my clubs are rusty and covered in sawdust. I made my last set of clubs- some of the best I had even.

Let me know if an outing comes together. I'd try to make it up for that... where I used to consistently shoot in the low 80s, I'd be lucky to get through a round with 30 balls and under 120 strokes.

If I don't pay close attention, I've got a wicked slice that rivals the one in Caddyshack II.

Reactions: madHatter

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
I play, but I suck at the game
Everyone sucks at the game...Some just suck more. Seriously only game that a scratch golfer could play a 30 hc golfer and be competitive with strokes etc.

Reactions: White