anyone here play golf?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I played every day through high school and a good bit after. Then when I moved to the Atlanta area none of my friends play, so it got to be an every now and then thing and then an almost never thing. Last time I went I really sucked. I'd like to get back into it if I could get a couple of guys that like to go out, drink some beers, enjoy the outdoors and hack away at a golf ball.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I played in high school as well. I sucked then and just never really got into it. I did get a great deal in some king cobra irons back then though and still have them.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm one of few at my corp office that refuses to play; I can kinda still play if necessary, but I really don't like to. I was a golf instructor when I was younger & volunteered at the parks/rec locations up north; maybe got to -2 to par on average. These days though, I really want nothing to do with it.

H

Hoss

I played a lot back in the day. Now, I have found it much more efficient to stop by Golfsmith twice a month, try several clubs, choose the most expensive, buy it, then throw it in the Alcovy river on the drive home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
@Willy Leadwell do you live near any courses? I love right on a course and I haven't played once because all my friends that played were in Oklahoma or Kentucky/Ohio.
Not really, my favorite place to play and also closest to me is the lakemont course at stone mountain. They're Marriott run and used to be really nice, but I haven't been there in years. its about 20 minutes from me.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Define "play".

I smoke cigars and drink.

And swing a club every now and again. And sometimes I even make contact with the ball!
That's all most of us do, but I did give up the cigars. They always ended up leading me back to the cigarettes. Just had to stop smoking altogether.

I've only ever been tight with a few guys that were really good and they're almost no fun to play with.

Last edited:
Reactions: madHatter

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
Used to play all the time, excellent irons poor woods. Now that I play once or twice a year its poor everything with an occasional " damn that was good."

If you were closer willy Id say lets go. Id be up for a SET meet