Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
@DoglegArms

So....when your forms get fired off to the ATF for approval and taxation, who gets contacted? The dealer? The individual?

Can I expect stamps in the mail, and then I'll go pick up the suppressors?

Thanks!

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
What @NWS said. The dealer will contact you once they come in. Unless you're being annoying then they may sit on it for a couple days. Lol

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What @NWS said. The dealer will contact you once they come in. Unless you're being annoying then they may sit on it for a couple days. Lol
Sunzabitches! I picked out the .22 can last January! lol

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Damn.... didn't realize it was back up to a year for cans. Haven't seen wait times like that since 2012

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Yep, gotcha. When did the checks cash? Any idea?

@DoglegArms

So....when your forms get fired off to the ATF for approval and taxation, who gets contacted? The dealer? The individual?

Can I expect stamps in the mail, and then I'll go pick up the suppressors?

Thanks!

Damn I didn't explain anything to you did I? :)

You can check the status by calling the NFA branch (304) 616-4500. Have your serial number ready. They will ask who it is being transferred to, tell them your Trust name. They will tell the status (they have a bunch of them). I don't know when they cashed your tax stamp but you can ask when you call. From when it's officially approved to when I receive is usually 1-2 weeks.

The approved Form 4 is snail mailed to me from the NFA branch in WV. When I receive it, I will call you to set up an appointment (usually same day). I also scan the approved Form 4 and email you a copy in PDF form (something new I'm doing) so you can put the original away.

You'll need to bring your GA DL and have to complete a 4473 but no background check is needed for NFA items (weird huh?). Let's say you can't come up here because you're binge drinking for the next week, no problem because we can do a non-over the counter transfer. I will mail you a 4473 that you must complete and return. I then have to send a copy of the 4473 and Form 4 to your CLEO to notify them I am mailing you a suppressor. I have to wait 10 tens before I can mail the can to you.

Reactions: Balthaz

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Damn I didn't explain anything to you did I? :)

You can check the status by calling the NFA branch (304) 616-4500. Have your serial number ready. They will ask who it is being transferred to, tell them your Trust name. They will tell the status (they have a bunch of them). I don't know when they cashed your tax stamp but you can ask when you call. From when it's officially approved to when I receive is usually 1-2 weeks.

The approved Form 4 is snail mailed to me from the NFA branch in WV. When I receive it, I will call you to set up an appointment (usually same day). I also scan the approved Form 4 and email you a copy in PDF form (something new I'm doing) so you can put the original away.

You'll need to bring your GA DL and have to complete a 4473 but no background check is needed for NFA items (weird huh?). Let's say you can't come up here because you're binge drinking for the next week, no problem because we can do a non-over the counter transfer. I will mail you a 4473 that you must complete and return. I then have to send a copy of the 4473 and Form 4 to your CLEO to notify them I am mailing you a suppressor. I have to wait 10 tens before I can mail the can to you.
I'll take whichever option is faster, if that's driving to Hiram...then Amen! I just want to get my hand on them. :D

Reactions: Cudruln