Addicted to the trade as much as shooting?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
Yeah I have to admit! I am just as addicted to the trade game as much as shooting!! I try to keep a gun just for trade fodder! How about ya'll? Need a 12 step trading program to?? :)

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Yes sir, I understand the struggle well. I have pretty much stopped my obsession w/ buying/trading, but the withdrawals were brutal. As soon as my financial situation improves, I am sure I will start chasing the dragon again. :)

ETA: the vast majority of the guns that went through my hands over the past 3-4 years were traded off w/o shooting them.

Reactions: rboone and JBum

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yeah I typically enjoy the chase more than anything...but I must admit I haven't felt the urge to do any selling or trading since I got my AK105 clone done...it's been like 2 weeks which has got to be a record

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
love the trade..been doing it all my life..from the smallest hotwheels cars as a kid to big boys toys today..but i feel as of late hanging on to what i have seems to be more important...buying and stocking ammo has been top priority

Reactions: Shemp

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Yes sir, I understand the struggle well. I have pretty much stopped my obsession w/ buying/trading, but the withdrawals were brutal. As soon as my financial situation improves, I am sure I will start chasing the dragon again. :)

ETA: the vast majority of the guns that went through my hands over the past 3-4 years were traded off w/o shooting them.
trading and shooting them was the best part..you never know if the trade is going to be the best you ever shot until you shoot it!

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah I have to admit! I am just as addicted to the trade game as much as shooting!! I try to keep a gun just for trade fodder! How about ya'll? Need a 12 step trading program to?? :)
that's why we are here!

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
trading and shooting them was the best part..you never know if the trade is going to be the best you ever shot until you shoot it!

That's what I was afraid of, liking something too well to want to trade it. My goal was to keep trading up until I could trade for a 4 wheeler; which I did. But by then it was in my blood and I couldn't stop. But, now I have what I want, so not doing the trading thing as often.

Reactions: Brad sweet

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
That's what I was afraid of, liking something too well to want to trade it. My goal was to keep trading up until I could trade for a 4 wheeler; which I did. But by then it was in my blood and I couldn't stop. But, now I have what I want, so not doing the trading thing as often.
that is what it is all about....guns in a safe is like an ATM machine in your own house

Reactions: lftd&pwrstrok'n

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
I love the trade. There are things that "I had to have" only to get and say meh, trade it away.
Its great to be able to own various things short or long term.
There are some that I plan to keep the only possibility is trading for a better version (more correct milsurp etc).
The whole thing is addictive but I love to shoot as well.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
My problem is that I set my sights on something and then finally get it.

And I don't want to get rid of it, because, you know, I wanted it in the first place.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
You get to the point when everything is just meh.....shot a new to me Sig today.......meh just another pistol.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I've used the the ability and ease of trading to try out things that interested me, not to collect or accumulate. These days very few things interest me. I'm over the excitement of it all. There's likely a VP9 in my future, but I'm in no hurry to spend money.

Reactions: Hoss and AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Well, it is a sig... (They do nothing for me.)
My sigs have a little genie that pops out and gives you a rub down every time you shoot them; the sig mags also load themselves

H

Hoss

I've used the the ability and ease of trading to try out things that interested me, not to collect or accumulate. These days very few things interest me. I'm over the excitement of it all. There's likely a VP9 in my future, but I'm in no hurry to spend money.
I wish I had all of the guns my friends and family think I have.