Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
yup

its even beyond that. they want to wring out every drop of "future wealth" that they can.

the market is already fucked, so keep tricking folks into thinking there is a tomorrow for the dollar today

The question is, what the hell do you do?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Ah whatever. There are countless investment opportunities that work and will continue to work.
I am not overly confident (maybe compared to some) but seriously, we're not old enough to be that bitter about it.
Adaptation is key.
i believe that success is dependent on the individual

i believe you are correct, there are still ways to make a living and be successful even in this abysmal state

but it doesnt mean im not going to point out the obvious. small time investors and the traditional work-save-retire plan is no longer valid (at least for me, i dont like the idea of being reliant on a government or a society for my financial security)

hence id like for my earnings to not be taxed out the ass now so i can invest for my future. or at the least id like for safer investments with a fair return. the fed has been fucking the market for so long

Reactions: Shemp

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
i believe that success is dependent on the individual

i believe you are correct, there are still ways to make a living and be successful even in this abysmal state

but it doesnt mean im not going to point out the obvious. small time investors and the traditional work-save-retire plan is no longer valid (at least for me, i dont like the idea of being reliant on a government or a society for my financial security)

hence id like for my earnings to not be taxed out the ass now so i can invest for my future. or at the least id like for safer investments with a fair return. the fed has been fucking the market for so long
Sure, but still we have to adapt.
And if you plan well, you can have massive deductions that will alleviate most of the concern.
Reliant on govt? We do have the option to NOT be reliant on govt.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Sure, but still we have to adapt.
And if you plan well, you can have massive deductions that will alleviate most of the concern.
Reliant on govt? We do have the option to NOT be reliant on govt.
not really

they force you to pay into things with the promise of a collective benefit later (social security, medicare, etc)

of course those who rely on this are myopic at best. but the more people who come into financial dires over the next years the larger call there will be fore more aggregate wealth control as a means to secure peoples future. a few years ago the ACA was passed to alleviate many existing issues, only to create more

if things stayed the exact same in regards to earning and saving as they are right this moment i wouldnt be concerned (it would still suck but i think i could manage). im stating that with the shit state we are already in, plus digging ourselves deeper every day, plus the new fixes that come from the federal system.........those 3 factors combined are what is most troubling

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
not really

they force you to pay into things with the promise of a collective benefit later (social security, medicare, etc)

of course those who rely on this are myopic at best. but the more people who come into financial dires over the next years the larger call there will be fore more aggregate wealth control as a means to secure peoples future. a few years ago the ACA was passed to alleviate many existing issues, only to create more

if things stayed the exact same in regards to earning and saving as they are right this moment i wouldnt be concerned (it would still suck but i think i could manage). im stating that with the shit state we are already in, plus digging ourselves deeper every day, plus the new fixes that come from the federal system.........those 3 factors combined are what is most troubling
Not really, you're only forced into it if you choose to be a part of it. There are legal ways around every "obstacle" you mention (you will learn this)
And you keep forgetting one thing:
With those blunders come massive opportunities (like 2007-2008 for example)

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
not really

I will no longer be surprised if I see negative interest rates in the US in my lifetime.

That architecture for a bail-in is already in place here, passed in near secrecy.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Not really, you're only forced into it if you choose to be a part of it. There are legal ways around every "obstacle" you mention (you will learn this)
And you keep forgetting one thing:
With those blunders come massive opportunities (like 2007-2008 for example)
hurray for opportunities that require massive amounts of capital /sarcasm

lord knows i could make a killing as a lien buyer via FiFas if i could purchase in bulk the back taxes owed by the poor residents of local municipalities

but i dont have the money nor do i even consider that pure capitalismk either (if an industry exists solely because of government then i do not consider it be truly a free market enterprise)

and i am absolutely forced into it. if i dont pay taxes they will come to my house and take me to jail or kill me

but i hear what you are saying

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Cautiously use inverse etf's.

When I start me new job soon I plan on taking the small 401k funds I have through my old job and dipping in to reverse etf's.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
someone explain this reverse etf to me

maybe i been lookin at it all wrong

Nobody knows what it is..that's why it's sexy.

I don't know the ins and outs but it performs the opposite of a standard etf. Market tanks,you make buckets of cash.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
someone explain this reverse etf to me

maybe i been lookin at it all wrong
It moves in value (2x or 3x) the reverse of whatever fund you choose it to mirror. I'm using the DJIA (FAZ is 3x or SKF is 2x) but you can pick damn near anything. It's calculated from opening price to close, so the DJIA and the inverse etf could potentially both have down days, but it's rare.