Econ 2016 will be a bear market

Faktory 47

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
anyone else agree or disagree?

that is of course if the feds raise rates like they have been alluding they would. money markets and commodity exchanges will suffer, but the fed keeping the interest rate so low really hurts small investors and individuals more

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
arent we in the middle of the single longest bull market ever? makes sense bear is coming

Reactions: Thenut

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
arent we in the middle of the single longest bull market ever? makes sense bear is coming. speaking of, rates are still so low I dont know their short term intent, but this cant hold out forever of course

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Bear...bull....it don't matter. As long as most people belive the system still works it will trudge along.

The only thing that will have a real impact is if another State decides that war is cheaper than revoltution.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Bear...bull....it don't matter. As long as most people belive the system still works it will trudge along.

The only thing that will have a real impact is if another State decides that war is cheaper than revoltution.
im waiting for the day one of our states nuts up the courage to impose strict austerity

"hey feds, we dont like how you are lending money but still broke as shit, so we are gonna just not take any from you right now and you aint gonna take any taxes from us, got it?"

Reactions: Shemp

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
im waiting for the day one of our states nuts up the courage to impose strict austerity

"hey feds, we dont like how you are lending money but still broke as shit, so we are gonna just not take any from you right now and you aint gonna take any taxes from us, got it?"

GLWS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The world economy is like a wild animal that's been pumped full of stimulants. There's no way to tell how long it can keep running on empty, because every time you turn around it acts in a wildly anti-intuitive manner. Eventually we'll hit on a big correction, but the big player governments are going to keep artificially propping it up, and resuscitating it as long as possible.
The market has always been heavily manipulated, the manipulation just goes a bit deeper now..so deep in fact that I wonder if it hasn't become a natural part of the system.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The world economy is like a wild animal that's been pumped full of stimulants. There's no way to tell how long it can keep running on empty, because every time you turn around it acts in a wildly anti-intuitive manner. Eventually we'll hit on a big correction, but the big player governments are going to keep artificially propping it up, and resuscitating it as long as possible.
The market has always been heavily manipulated, the manipulation just goes a bit deeper now..so deep in fact that I wonder if it hasn't become a natural part of the system.

I don't wonder at all.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
The rates are going up like 0.25 percent, right?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
so far everything has taken a hit with the exception of metals, particularly gold

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
the market is fucked...algorithmic trading, complete bullshit interest rates, bad news is good news and horrible news is great....

We've become the battered wife that keeps on thinking " he won't hit me tonight I only burned the roast a tiny bit".

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
the market is fucked...algorithmic trading, complete bullshit interest rates, bad news is good news and horrible news is great....

We've become the battered wife that keeps on thinking " he won't hit me tonight I only burned the roast a tiny bit".
that is too accurate to not be depressing

i would love to invest more into money markets myself. but damn, so many fucked up traders and nefarious use of money to even consider making a safe investment. no such thing anymore, you can put your money into an account and then get it bundled with a shitload of other securities that are not as strong as yours........but when pooled together for the sake of fast, liquid trading amongst gigantic investment firms you will be rung out to dry

Reactions: Strider12 and Shemp

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

i would love to invest more into money markets myself. but damn, so many fucked up traders and nefarious use of money to even consider making a safe investment. no such thing anymore, you can put your money into an account and then get it bundled with a shitload of other securities that are not as strong as yours........but when pooled together for the sake of fast, liquid trading amongst gigantic investment firms you will be rung out to dry
You have to see The Big Short. Is it Hollywood? Yes. But it is really well done.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

That's exactly it man. I hate saying i because it makes me sound like the homeless guy on the bus ranting about sovereign citizen stuff but it's true; the banks and .gov are in collusion w to wring every last drop of wealth out of the masses that make up the tax farm.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
You have to see The Big Short. Is it Hollywood? Yes. But it is really well done.

ive been told like 3 times about this movie.

i will concede that i need to watch it. but when people begin to tell me about it i already know the story lol

i did a 6 minute standup bit solely on the subprime mortgage crisis. i used the analogy of meatballs made out of shit as an analogy for CDOs and portrayed AIG as dumber than fuck for agreeing to insure these shit meatballs and then the government/fed even dumber for bailing them out and passing TARP

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
That's exactly it man. I hate saying i because it makes me sound like the homeless guy on the bus ranting about sovereign citizen stuff but it's true; the banks and .gov are in collusion w to wring every last drop of wealth out of the masses that make up the tax farm.
yup

its even beyond that. they want to wring out every drop of "future wealth" that they can.

the market is already fucked, so keep tricking folks into thinking there is a tomorrow for the dollar today

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Ah whatever. There are countless investment opportunities that work and will continue to work.
I am not overly confident (maybe compared to some) but seriously, we're not old enough to be that bitter about it.
Adaptation is key.