Zimmerman - NOT GUILTY!!!!!!

Howard Law
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mukwah

Just announced!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

R

rayzer007

That's great news; but it was too scary and close en route to the victory. Should have been a slam dunk acquittal for George Zimmerman, but the liberal media tried their best to hang him with little league football pictures of the criminal assaulter he rightly, and successfully, defended himself against. I hope some folks step up and take care of his legal bills.

Ray

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Justice has been served, the system works. Like Casey Anthony, he'll probably have to move out of the state. How long before the parents sue George in civil court? Can't win one way, try again.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
zingbee said:
Justice has been served, the system works. Like Casey Anthony, he'll probably have to move out of the state. How long before the parents sue George in civil court? Can't win one way, try again.

O'mara addressed that afterwards and said they would meet any attempts for civil liability, and win, as the stand your ground laws provide immunity from civil liability. He also said they will seek to have the state pay their legal fees for the Zimmerman trial.

Zimmerman should have gotten a lawyer before statements. He screwed himself by talking. BIG MISTAKE.

D

Denny4kids

(sarcasm on) Yeah you all are right! Its a happy day! This means we can drive down the street, profile a kid, yell at him and make him run and then when I catch him and get my butt kicked I can just shoot him. (sarcasm off) I pray none of us put ourselves in the position to kill someone like Zimmerman did. Denny

M

mukwah

Amen Denny! I think and hope we have all learned a little something from this incident!

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Agreed that there should never been a trial, but there was enough bone-headedness in the incident that it would have fueled rioting in the streets without one.

This also showcases how slippery the slope is when terminal force is used in an altercation.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Hardly a Happy Day. But good news. It's a tragedy that anyone has to die. especially at a young age.

But... the Media and so called activists demanded that the State prosecute Zimmerman despite all initial evidence of his blooded head and facial evidence. The State presented it's case and from the start the testimony supported the Defense's claim of self defense.

The Media used doctored tapes and flashed picture of an innocent looking 12 year old child suppressing pictures and other evidence that Martin was a troubled. 6ft 2in want to be thug. Sure Zimmerman messed up by leaving his vehicle but when he was being attacked his life was endangered, it became a self defense issue.

The 6 jurors saw a whole lot more evidence that we did and made an appropriate decision despite the pressure being put upon them by the prosecutor and judge to just find Zimmerman guilty of anything to appease the Kangaroo Court the Media was running.

The verdict is good news in that it provides reassurance in that 6 jurors managed to weight the evidence and determined that Zimmer had not committed 2nd Degree Murder or Manslaughter. The Not Guilty verdict indicates that Zimmerman acted within the bounds of the Stand Your Ground or Castle Defense Law. These laws were targeted by demonstrations in South Carolina and Florida which demanded they be repealed. Under these laws if a licensed CWP Holder Defends himself it is the responsibility of the State to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't self defense.

I'm hoping that enough people watched the trial on TV and after hearing both sides of the case that they will be satisfied that justice was served.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Charges should have never been brought in this case. Politically charged from the first, and it became..as we all know... a fight between gun advocates, and anti( strongly) gun adverse folks. Any one remember Pres Obama oppining on a pending case before it was even brought? What a great Nation it would be if he did that with every case that he wanted to have go his way before it was even presented for trial. It amazes me how the herds follow his innuendo without him even having to get himself legally, or legislatively envolved. This case with Zimmerman should have been decided by a judge as to comforming to the self defense statue in Florida. Period. I have never seen so much "end running", and circumventing of established law as I see in todays enviroment

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
It was very wrong-headed for any president to weigh in on such an issue.
It was also wrong-headed for civic leaders to whip up the frenzy and turning this into a circus.

The police got it right, as proven by the jury, and when there is doubt, due process does seem to work.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
I agree that the jury came to the proper verdict and that the case should never have been tried.

There is a somewhat related issue, however. There is a very different justice system for minorities than there is for Caucasians in this country. This difference needs to be resolved. That is no reason for injustice to occur to 'make up' for prior wrongs, as a conviction in the Z case would have been, however.

Our family contains both Caucasian and Black members (their family does not like the term African-American) and we love them all. It has been an education seeing first hand the attitude of Law Enforcement toward the Black family members. One example: When my daughter and her Black husband and family visit his parents in Tulsa, they are always stopped at least once, when they are driving together, by the police. The officer comes to my daughter's window and she is asked: "Are you OK?"

At home, here in the LIBERAL suburban Seattle area my S-I-L has been stopped while driving innumerable times by local police who just wanted to ask "So, what are you doing here?" They live across the street from us. I have never been stopped by the local police. His family has a term for this: DWB - driving while Black.

Now don't get me wrong. I am a conservative and support 2A rights, stand your ground, etc. All I am saying is that there are well founded reasons that minorities distrust the justice system. This country is not perfect and this issue is hurting our ability to be great. There are problems with the system, attitudes on all sides, historical and cultural issues, you name it, but we cannot hide from it. We need to fix what we can as individuals and as a society.

R

rayzer007

3Coyotes said:
It was very wrong-headed for any president to weigh in on such an issue.

What exactly was the point of his remark, "If I had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon Martin"?!? :-\

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Redmond....Good points. Here's my current feelings. Our judicial system has enough built in safties to make it work..if we will let it run its course...and don't interfere...and abide by its rulings.. Both parties in this case used profiling...both made mistakes...and both are paying a huge price. One with his life ended. One with the end of his public life. Sad as can be.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Status
Not open for further replies.