Your favorite Commander or smaller 1911 concealment holster?

American Revival Apparel Company

gunfixer

Scout
Dec 16, 2013
'burbs of Sav'h, GA.
I have been fond of the comfort and reliability of the Alessi Talon and Talon + for IWB carry,
and the Askin's Avenger typees for OWB.
I do and have for many moons carry IWB..

-Eric!-

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I make one like the Talon, but put put about 15-20 degrees go can't on the holster. I prefer the cant as it makes it easier to hide and get the gun out. Sweat guard and mouth reinforcement.

gunfixer

Scout
Dec 16, 2013
'burbs of Sav'h, GA.
lws380 said:
I make one like the Talon, but put put about 15-20 degrees go can't on the holster.
I prefer the cant as it makes it easier to hide and get the gun out. Sweat guard and mouth reinforcement.
I would like to see the pics too.!!!
BTW, I prefer a near straight draw although I use the Talon w/ a 1.5" clip on
a 1.25" belt and actually do push the butt of my pistol slightly forward.. I also carry a
Bob-tailed 4" 1911 which does conceal nicely anyway. ;)

briant

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Orient, OH
Doug...how much for your holster? My commander is supposed to be in by mid Feb. I have seen enough pics of your work to know that is the only leather I want!

gunfixer

Scout
Dec 16, 2013
'burbs of Sav'h, GA.
lws380 said:
I make one like the Talon, but put put about 15-20 degrees go can't on the holster.
I prefer the cant as it makes it easier to hide and get the gun out. Sweat guard and mouth reinforcement.

May I see or have some pics emailed of the holster you mentioned here please?
I carry a Kimber Pro CDP (Melted 4" 1911) and may be interested in one of yours with just
a minor (Maybe 10*) forward cant and perhaps some sort of exotic skin?
I also am an 07FFL holder and would appreciate a catalog and or price list as well.

hstcustoms@live.com
gunfixer@live.com

Thanks kindly,

Eric

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I'm making a new one for my full size 1911 and hope to have some pictures up by Monday. I'm going to add an exotic mouth reinforcement of some time. Can't decide if I want horsehide or cow hide, but I'm kind of leaning brown horse hide with a black shark accent/mouth reinforcement. Something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bearcreekholsters/8151101334/#in/set-72157632211367536

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bearcreekholsters/8151076913/#in/set-72157632211367536

For larger guns like the Commander size and full size 1911 I charge $75 for and IWB holster. Standard build would include a sweat guard and moth reinforcement with cow hide construction. I charge $15 extra for horse hide construction and $25 for an exotic accent/reinforcement. So price range is $75 to $115 depending on how you want it built.

There is a pricing on my website. From the home page, hold the cursor over "Order & Pricing" and then click on it. That will take you to the pricing page, drag down to see all the pricing. Photo gallery shows some of the holsters and some various options. I do not have a catalog, just some examples of what possibly can be done. I'm a one man shop building them one at a time.

gunfixer

Scout
Dec 16, 2013
'burbs of Sav'h, GA.
lws380 said:
For larger guns like the Commander size and full size 1911 I charge $75 for and IWB holster. Standard build would include a sweat guard and moth reinforcement with cow hide construction. I charge $15 extra for horse hide construction and $25 for an exotic accent/reinforcement. So price range is $75 to $115 depending on how you want it built.

There is a pricing on my website. From the home page, hold the cursor over "Order & Pricing" and then click on it. That will take you to the pricing page, drag down to see all the pricing. Photo gallery shows some of the holsters and some various options. I do not have a catalog, just some examples of what possibly can be done. I'm a one man shop building them one at a time.

Looks and sounds good Sir.. Any chance you'd also do/ add a front sight channel/ track?
'Hate to scrape leather into the front sight during draw..

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Here is my new holster for my Springfield full size 1911. Horse Hide dyed light brown, black shark mouth reinforcement/accent, sweat guard, 15-20 degree forward cant. I think the color combination matches the gun grips and frame color pretty well.

photo-36_zpsaf74d0dd.jpg

photo-42_zpsc521792b.jpg

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
gunfixer said:
Looks and sounds good Sir.. Any chance you'd also do/ add a front sight channel/ track?
'Hate to scrape leather into the front sight during draw..

Yes, I generally create space on top of the sights when I mold holsters. Especially if the gun has bigger sights. Some of the smaller pocket guns don't have much size in the sights. Heck, my Seecamp doesn't even have sights. What I do is stack some leather strips on top of the dummy guns to create some space and then wet mold around the strips to create the channel. In the picture above of my 1911, I have about 2-3 inches of a channel for the sights, even though the sights are not very big on my springer as it is a govt model that has pretty small sights.

Some of the smaller pocket guns have bigger sights and it makes the draw a little easier if I create a little sight channel.