You know you're a Mall Ninja when...

Howard Law

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
You put a reflex sight on a scoped rifle.
IMG_20150809_184933.jpg

According to the bathroom scale this rifle weighs 12.8 lbs empty. My barrel made it so front heavy, I filled the stock with 55gr bullets to balance it out.

Reactions: HuskyLab

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Lefty!! ;)

I would have to put that one on a diet at 12 pounds. However, the reflex sight probably doesn't even register on the scale.

It's all barrel and the weighted stock. The 15" MI handguard actually weighs less than a polymer carbine handguard. And I'm a righty with screwed up eyes.

Actually the scope and bipod add a bit too. I promise the rest of my ARs are much lighter.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It's all barrel and the weighted stock. The 15" MI handguard actually weighs less than a polymer carbine handguard. And I'm a righty with screwed up eyes.

Just givin' ya a hard time... I ran into the same thing with a build- as me about the bull barrel money pit... back when I read more than I shot. I've got a .223 that weighs slightly less than a Howitzer and is way less effective.

So long as it's a shooter, I think I could learn to live with the weight.

Reactions: armedplinkster89

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Just givin' ya a hard time... I ran into the same thing with a build- as me about the bull barrel money pit... back when I read more than I shot. I've got a .223 that weighs slightly less than a Howitzer and is way less effective.

So long as it's a shooter, I think I could learn to live with the weight.

I've seen 1/2 moa from it with 55gr hornady reloads, and better than 1 moa with pmc bronze. I've got some 75gr otm hornady and 77gr Sierras, but haven't had time to work anything up.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I feel you. This pig is pushing 20 lbs.

20150427_225209_zpsjexqb2v3.jpg

Reactions: chance

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Ditch the bipod and find a lighter scope and you will shed some weight. They make great shooting sticks setup now! Besides, unless you are bench shooting a real ninja wouldn't have a bipod installed! LOL

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Ditch the bipod and find a lighter scope and you will shed some weight. They make great shooting sticks setup now! Besides, unless you are bench shooting a real ninja wouldn't have a bipod installed! LOL

I'm not a glass person. I'm sure there are lighter ones but they are probably out of my budget.

I'm going to a clinic that will focus on targets at unknown distances beyond 500 yards. The bipod is for that. It's my first one, I just got it. I'm good prone on my elbows, but only out to about that distance.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
How are PAs regular scopes?

I love their red dots for the price.

I only own 2 scopes, so grain of salt.

This one is the mil-mil ffp 4-14x, and I have a 1-6x acss scope. I really like the 1-6x, it's small, very forgiving on eye relief, and illuminated so on 1x it's like having a red dot. The bdc works, I've had it out to 700 yards.

The above one I'm still on the fence about. It's really ffp, I've used the mils to range targets at various powers and the calculations come out the same. It's clear with a wide range of vision. Everything about it seems solid. But I don't shoot it well past 9x, the eye relief seems very unforgiving past that. I haven't had it that long, so I'm still not sure on it

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I only own 2 scopes, so grain of salt.

This one is the mil-mil ffp 4-14x, and I have a 1-6x acss scope. I really like the 1-6x, it's small, very forgiving on eye relief, and illuminated so on 1x it's like having a red dot. The bdc works, I've had it out to 700 yards.

The above one I'm still on the fence about. It's really ffp, I've used the mils to range targets at various powers and the calculations come out the same. It's clear with a wide range of vision. Everything about it seems solid. But I don't shoot it well past 9x, the eye relief seems very unforgiving past that. I haven't had it that long, so I'm still not sure on it

Yeah cheap scopes at high power tend to get that way. I usually just stick with 3-9 in cheap scopes.

DTW762

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
Carrollton GA
I say a true mall ninja has a forward grip right behind the bipod, saw one at the range the other weekend. He also had canted irons, a decently done acog clone, with a mini dot on top. And at least one flashlight and laser combo, coulda have been more on it, but didn't feel like going over to look harder. His girlfriend was a better shot too.

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I have been wanting a new scope for my bolt action 223. I'm poor and the cheapest reliable scope that I have tried and liked is an swfa ss but I really want it in 20x to shoot long range. So I'm thinking about mounting a red dot on top of the scope ring. Has anyone tried something like that?