Yet another reason why I love Rugers!

Howard Law
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I have always had nothing but great customer service with Ruger. Sometime ago, I had lost my rear site on my LC9. After they sent me a new one, I did the locktight rountain and later busted the screw and just could not remove it. I really did not think Ruger would honor the warranty, as it was mainly my fault. Well for the heck of it, I called them today, and they are sending me a complete new receiver free of charge. Thanks again. I remain loyalty yours!

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Completely agree. Ruger Customer Service is Number 1! Here's an example too. I have never had to purchase replacement screws (as I've buggered-up a few with incorrect screwdrivers) for any of my Ruger rifles or handguns). Ruger has always sent them to me free of charge. Haven't had to buy any in a long time, as I wised up and bought a gun screwdriver set. :)

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
I have an SR22 headed that way. Sent through the LGS so I don't know how long it will take but I'm not worried. Had a slide fly off after the take down lever broke. I read that they have new and improved levers now starting with serial number 361XXX

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Craig, you posted some time ago about your LC9. You mentioned that you were going to retire it after 2000 rds fired through it. Ruger fixed all your standard wear items that can go out. Seems like they were all just minor maintenance items. Why retire the gun? I would bet the LC9 could very well do over 10,000 rds. I have well more than 2,000 rds through mine. with no issues. I do appreciate the heads up on the list of springs, extractor etc that they replaced as I will order all those parts and have my gunsmith install them. They are all. Cost should be minimal.
I just had him install "the BIG DOT SIGHTS ON THEM. (actually get it back today). I have seriously been thinking of getting a new small 9mm to carry, researched all the pistols out there and have come to the conclusion that I may just get another LC9 as a backup. Anyway, thanks for posting your info. We always need to do proper maintenance on our weapons. AS HARRY BROWN SAY'S "SON YOU FAILED TO MAINTAIN YOUR WEAPON"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rmHPmnnKw&feature=player_detailpage#t=1

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi247400217/

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Love that clip Dave!!.If I said I was going to retire the LC9..prolly was old age setting in. Love that pistol. I am carrying the Sr40C pretty much all the time now...but on days that printing is more important..I still carry the 9..the elsie pea, and the LCR. My CURRENT feelings are: Why retire any ruger? If it breaks...send it back and they'll fix it!. Let me know what you think of the big dots on the LC9...might just go for that! ;D

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Craig, if I were to get rid of all my guns except one, it would be SR9c. I rarely shoot it, as it really does not take much to keep in shooting strength to stay accurate with it. It seems to shoot itself. Fantastic trigger, low recoil super accuracy etc. Long live Rugers!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Do you use the little mag, or the extended for daily carry? I used to use the smaller one , with the pinky extension...but dang that thing pretty bad IWB. I now use the extended mag with the flat butt plate, and i have 16 rounds of 40 S&W ready to go! Prints way less now, and is more comfortable. Who would thunk...?!

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
framedcraig1 said:
Do you use the little mag, or the extended for daily carry? I used to use the smaller one , with the pinky extension...but dang that thing pretty bad IWB. I now use the extended mag with the flat butt plate, and i have 16 rounds of 40 S&W ready to go! Prints way less now, and is more comfortable. Who would thunk...?!

Craig, I always use the mags with the extended Pinky. It really helps with control. However, I did just get the NEW mag with the xtra round. It extends way out there. I hope to go to the range today and try it out. By the way, I also got one for the LCP.

http://www.rugertalk.com/entries/Ruger-Introduces-Extended-Magazines-for-LCP-LC9.html

Status
Not open for further replies.