Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I still have the bed that my great grandfather died in.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I still have the bed that my great grandfather died in.
I still have my cross-dressing great-grandfather's lingerie, but it smells a tab bit like moth balls

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Unless it was an amazing house at a super awesome deal...otherwise probably not. There are plenty of other non-suicidey houses available.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Personally, I would have went with a larger caliber.
I think it was all he had. This was back in the day where you shot whatever you could by the cheapest means possible.

The .22 has more oompf than people give it credit for.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You still got it?
It sat in the corner of our garage for years when I was a kid. I asked my dad about it once and he said "we don't mess with that". Being a fairly good kid, I never questioned him about it again, I just left it alone. It wasn't until I was about 18 that I heard the story about it. After I got married I looked around the garage and found it still propped up in the corner like it had been for 23+ years. I took it home and buffed the rust off of the barrel and action and gave it a re-blue. I took it back to my parents house and put it back in the garage. It's still there. It's been there for about 40 years.

Last edited:
H

Hoss

It sat in the corner of our garage for years when I was a kid. I asked my dad about it once and he said "we don't mess with that". Being a fairly good kid, I never questioned him about it again, I just left it alone. It wasn't until I was about 18 that I heard the story about it. After I got married I looked around the garage and found it still propped up in the corner like it had been for 23+ years. I took it home and buffed the rust off of the barrel and action and gave it a re-blue. I took it back to my parents house and put it back in the garage. It's still there. It's been there for about 40 years.

IMHO

Allowing it to stand as a monument or memorial is wrong. I would take my child hunting with it and let it provide you and yours with happy memories and fulfill it's role.

That's just me though.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
IMHO

Allowing it to stand as a monument or memorial is wrong. I would take my child hunting with it and let it provide you and yours with happy memories and fulfill it's role.

That's just me though.
The bore is totally gone. It sat in a garage in Nebraska in 110 degree to -10 degree temps for decades, with tons of dirt and humidity.
It took a hell of a long time to get all of the rust our of the bore, and when I did it looked like the surface of the moon. I shot it about a dozen times, and at 20 feet it shoots a pattern. I have plenty of .22's that are a lot better. That old thing doesn't care if it's propped up in the corner or otherwise. At this point, it's role is being fulfilled. Hell it's probably not that safe to shoot considering the bore.