380 Wondering if anyone has a flat LCP magazine floor plate

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

jalva095

Scout
Feb 26, 2013
Florida
Hey everyone im new to the forum and just got myself an lcp made a few mods such as hogue grip, pierce grip ext, and wolfe springs, im also probably going to get a crossbreed mini tuck for concealed carry mostly because pocket carry doesnt really appeal to me since i wear non baggy jeans most of the time. Well long story short i lost the factory flat base plate to my mag and i was wondering if anyone had one That they werent using. I just need the flat base plate, not the pinky extender,
Thanks in advance guys i look forward to your posts!

R

rayzer007

Welcome from Western New York Jalva; glad you joined. Someone will have a flat plate they don't need!

Ray

M

mukwah

Welcome from Louisiana! Glad you could join us! Don't have a floor plate but I think I have an extra Pierce +1 Extension Grip if you can use that. :-\

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Welcome to the forum.

Try giving the good folks at Ruger Customer Service a call. Last year I lost a pawl pin out of an SP 101 and they sent me a free one, plus a spare. Pawl Pins are sort of like micro size little critters that commonly love to ping away into carpets, and disappear. Give them a call, and let us know how it goes.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I have a Ruger Mag floorplate, but it is the one that has a little bit of an extension on it. I am sure I have a flat one too, but have not located it yet. I will look more tomorrow, but have been busy today and this evening.

jalva095

Scout
Feb 26, 2013
Florida
Let me know if you have it and thanks for responding, let me know whenever you can i lost mine :/ and dont want to buy a brand new mag just for the floor plate.... Haha

jalva095

Scout
Feb 26, 2013
Florida
Thanks everyone i just called ruger and they told me they would ship it to me free of charge thanks again!!:D, on another note i was wondering what you guys think is the best carry option for me, i am about to turn 21 and im going to be getting my concealed as soon as possible here in miami but i havent really chosen which mode of carry im going to use i was thinking i would get a desantis pocket holster and a crossbreed mini tuck, depending on what im wearing i would swap out between those two... Any thoughts, also im planning on getting myself a full sized pistol in the future probably a 9 mm, i know glocks are popular but i was looking at rugers sr9 and it stood out to me any comments would b appreciated!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
As near as I can tell Glocks are wonderfully effective & horribly ugly guns. I would take a long hard look at the SR9c for a carry option, followed by the LC9. I believe the SR9c to be a far superior gun, while being just a little bit bigger than the LC9. I have both and if I could only keep one it would be the SR9c without a doubt. As for the LCP, which is what I carry most of the time, I use two Desantis Nemesis holsters. I use either the regular Nemesis or the Cargo Nemesis, depending on the size of the pocket. I have just never bothered to get a IWB or OWB holster for the LCP since it fits in a pocket so easily.

Hope that helps a little.

R

rayzer007

jalva095 said:
i was thinking i would get a desantis pocket holster and a crossbreed mini tuck, depending on what im wearing i would swap out between those two... Any thoughts, also im planning on getting myself a full sized pistol in the future probably a 9 mm, i know glocks are popular but i was looking at rugers sr9 and it stood out to me any comments would b appreciated!

The Desantis Nemesis is excellent for pocket carry; as is the Crossbreek MiniTuck for IWB.
I like my Kahr CW9; great gun, great size, great price! The SR9 is bigger and heavier, but is certainly an outstanding weapon, as are Glocks. Lots of quality choices in 9mm!
You are thinking along the right lines! ;)
Hornady CD and Speer Gold Dots are good rounds for the LCP.

Ray

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Glock 27. 9 rd flush mags in 40 cal and a melted package. Those SRs just bristle with shap edges, forward serations, LCI and sights. One thing I like on the sR is the round trigger guard. I'd get a leather pocket holster for the lcp, but that's just me.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Carry mine in a Bear Creek holster with a shark push- off. They are a participating provider here on the forum. Love it!
PART_1323036066951.jpg

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
HolstersforRugerLCP.jpg

Here are 3 holsters that I use the most for carry of the Ruger LCP. Depending where I'm going she usually goes along as a BUG. The De Santis Nemesis is great for pocket carry in a jacket or vest pocket. If carried in a pants pocket though it's a bit difficult to get to when sitting, so I usually carry an additional weapon in a OWB or IWB holster just in case. Don't go cheap on holsters for loads of reasons.

I'm glad to see that Ruger Customer Service came through for you.