Wifes new Taurus PT22 range report

GA Firing Line

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I took my wife to an indoor range Saturday due to the rain. We took her new Taurus PT22, My SR9c and my SR22PB. The Taurus PT22 is a wonderful gun for my wife. This is her first time actually shooting in a indoor range. I was so proud and impress with her as soon as we got to our lane she pulled her little PT22 out started filling the mag as I was setting up the target. She has been to an indoor range before just never shot, she alway stayed in the lounge looking in the window at me and who ever I was shooting with so she new the routines. She got up to the lane and did struggle with how she was going to hold the gun even after we dry practiced at home. She was just a little nervous. The first mag she had a FTFeed and then another one on the 3rd mag. I do think it was her hold on the gun (limp wrist) and not the gun it's self. After I told her to firm her grip up a little but don't death grip it or anything like that it ran 100%. We put over 150 rounds of Remingtom Goldens throught it. About the 8th mag I was getting my SR9c ready and I heard a rapid fire, I turned and she blasted out a mag and did a really good job in doing so. What a grin I got out of that. The rapid fire was not fast enough to draw attention from the range master though but was still impressive for her. We were shooting around 7 yards, great grouping at that range. Didn't try it any futher than that at this visit. So for woman that don't like recoil and are not able to rack a slide well this little Taurus PT22 is a great option. I am very impressed with it and it is a fun little plinker. I now have a new range buddy and my wife is a proud shooter. (I hear her phone conversations, she is an old pro now!) I am very proud of her and the Taurus PT22.

My SR9c did another perfect 50. That gun is just... well... wow! I love it! Great gun what else can you say about them. My SR22PB did another perfect 100 rounds as well. That make 500 rounds through the SR22PB at 100%. All in all a good day at the range. As Hickok45 would say: "Life is good."

M

mukwah

Sounds like a really fun day with the wifey! Quality time like that is good for any relationship, especially when it's at the range!

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Nice range report. Looks like you picked the right gun for your wife.
Has she picked out which gun you will buy her next?
It doesn't get any better than this.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
It's always good to see women shooting well and having fun at the range.
It's always better when your wife is one of them.
It seems to add something to what you have to talk about afterwards as well.

Congratulations and enjoy!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I can not get Sher to go to the range. Drives me nuts. Course she's too busy to go to the show, go to dinner, go on a drive...I better shut up now. wow ...this venting thing is great!!!!. No..its not me (Thank the lord) ..she is just one of those "I'm too busy for life" types. Glad you had a good trip with your wife Ron!!