Who's Going to SHOT?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Well guys, it's not SHOT but the NRA show is in Atlanta this year. Go ahead and start making plans and we can maybe have a SET crew go together.

This is a definite! I'd like to plan a meet & greet at NRA for us all. I will be starting a thread and begin some coordination so everyone can get their NRA memberships up to date and their passes in the mail so they don't have to stand in line to get them.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This is a definite! I'd like to plan a meet & greet at NRA for us all. I will be starting a thread and begin some coordination so everyone can get their NRA memberships up to date and their passes in the mail so they don't have to stand in line to get them.
That sounds great. This will be the first NRA show that I've attended.

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
I'd go back if it was still in Atlanta or Orlando, but its not worth it to me to travel that far.

It's fun to actually meet some of the industries characters, but you can do that in Tulsa or at KCR.
Regardless of where you go, there's still that debauchery thing going on.... Don't fall for the "want a tic-tac?" question.

Reactions: dougiemac

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I've been to 10 or so SHOT Shows over the years. Haven't been in 6 years or so. I've had several invites the past few years to come and help folks work their booth, but never took them up on it.

Last time SHOT was in Orlando I registered Precision Applications, LLC as an attendees and got several buddies in as employees.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I was supposed to be working a booth at SHOT this year, for Sentry Solutions. http://www.sentrysolutions.com/

The owner has a booth there every year in the same spot, been in the same spot since SHOT has been in Las Vegas. He was contacted a few months ago by the management at SHOT and told that they moved his booth. He didn't like where they moved him and told them to move him back or issue him a refund. They issued him a refund.

I enjoy SHOT, but not enough to go to Las Vegas every year. I'm able to go every year, but don't care to. I prefer to go every few years or so.

A lot of folks are disappointed the first time they attend. They envision a huge version of an Eastman Gun Show. At SHOT, little of what is on display is for sale. Most of what us for sale ain't take away.......dealers and distributors buy stuff and it's shipped to their business later. I will say, however, sometimes on the last day you can get good deals on display models. Lotsa vendors would rather sell the stuff than pack it up and haul it back home. I've bought various optics and accessories that way......but it ain't common.