Whoa! Looks like Colt may finally joining the 21st century!

GA Firing Line

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I know right? They will put a dent in Daniel Defense if they play their cards right. But in typical Colt fashion, I imagine their offerings will be limited to one or two models.
They may put a dent in them some, but that's still made by union labor. Given they possibly offer a nice variety at the same price as DD, I would still rather have the DD to support a GA business. It's a Colt though, so it will sell regardless...

Reactions: DoglegArms

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
They may put a dent in them some, but that's still made by union labor. Given they possibly offer a nice variety at the same price as DD, I would still rather have the DD to support a GA business. It's a Colt though, so it will sell regardless...
He's right.... I'll choose the local guy every time if the quality is the same.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
When you're the last one to the party, don't expect people to beat your doors down for your product.
Colt. That's it.

It will sell because if those 4 letters if nothing else. I mean, they went bankrupt how many times now and people still pay top dollar for it? Not saying it's garbage by any means, but that name carriers a lot of heritage and many have a soft spot for it. Hell, if I saw a 6920 for $650-$700, I would be all over it myself.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I know what you mean. They will sell regardless. As you said, because it's a Colt. Honestly, depending on their pricing, they may be screwed right out of the gate. No matter the outcome, it's good to see them finally stepping out of their box and providing something that the market has been wanting for a long time.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
To be fair, if that were the case, Colt reacted MUCH quicker than GM. Even after GM went BK, they still made shit boxes for quite some time before coming around.
Maybe, but colt has still been circling the drain for quite a while now.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
To be fair, if that were the case, Colt reacted MUCH quicker than GM. Even after GM went BK, they still made shit boxes for quite some time before coming around.

Wait...what!? GM still - to this day - makes shit boxes.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I love it how many of in the industry are saying that Colt needs to innovate.

How do they respond? With a Midlength gas system...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I love it how many of in the industry are saying that Colt needs to innovate.

How do they respond? With a Midlength gas system...
Colt will never innovate. Their entire business model for the last 20-30 years has been to build a gun EXACTLY how they've been told to make it.

But, it is nice to see them stepping out of their usual box. Why? Because for years they have largely ignored the consumer market. It's only been within the last couple of years that they've actually tried to increase consumer market share. First with improved pricing and availability of their most popular models. Then, increased parts availability, followed by the OEM lineup. Now, they're rolling out a midlength (finally) and ditching their crappy monolithic design in favor of a solid aftermarket rail from Centurion. Maybe a day late and a dollar short, but still not a bad thing.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Colt has lived off Army contracts for decades, and could not care less about the civilian market. ( remember the diffrent pin sizes in the trigger group in the 1990's? ) And now they come out w/ a midlength gas system on one of their rifles... Who gives a shit. They can go the way of the Dodo. I'll take my Doublestar rifle all day long over a Colt.